1 (edited by CELL9 2023-01-03 06:52:26)

Topic: GPS slow and inaccurate. TouchScript. Buildings.

So now everything in the game works fine with the gps emulator, but when testing it outside on my galaxy s21 and tab s7 the location updates are very infrequent and inaccurate. It can take 1 minute or even longer for the location to change when walking at a consistent pace, and then its usually behind. The gps on the devices work normally in other apps.

I have tried to set different values for desired accuracy and update distance in the inspector, right now they are at 5 and 1.

Edit:
Actually I seem to have fixed it by adding OnlineMaps.instance.Redraw(); to the update function (?).
So does it need to be added in all scripts that changes the location of a marker?

And while I'm here, perhaps I could ask about the other issue I'm having with TouchScript. Using the screen transform gesture on the map object the tilt gesture is too sensitive. So while zooming and rotating the map it is also accidentally tilted. I can set the movement threshold and min points distance for all of them (translation, rotation and scaling), but not separately.

Re: GPS slow and inaccurate. TouchScript. Buildings.

Hello.

Yes, after any change location of a marker, you need to call Redraw.

You can change the zoom sensitivity in Tileset / Zoom Sensitivity.
You can change the pan and tilt speed in Camera Orbit / Speed.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by CELL9 2023-01-03 00:55:10)

Yes that makes sense, thanks.

One more thing if I may. I'm using the mapbox building script you posted here: https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopic.php?id=1840
It works much better than the regular buildings and I also figured out how to add colliders to them.

But the way they are generated they show some gaps on certain zoom levels, is this fixable?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screenshot_20230103-013901_Anomaly 3D.jpg 1.27 mb, 31 downloads since 2023-01-03 

This is due to the fact that if the building goes beyond the boundaries of the vector tile, it is cut off, and the continuation is present on another tile.
From the point of view of the building of the script, these are different buildings, and due to the calculation error, there may be a seam here.
I have this seam minimal - one pixel when viewed from a certain angle.
Apparently, depending on the settings of the map, it can be different.

Where can you dig to fix this:
- After creating the building, scale it up a bit. I haven't tried it, but I think it will work and it's the easiest way.
- If a building with the specified ID already exists then merge the points of the building and regenerate the building.
- One-two pixel seam can be fixed on the side of the building shader. Unfortunately, I'm not a big expert in shaders, and I can't tell you more details.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

5 (edited by CELL9 2023-01-04 01:29:30)

I found out I can increase the vector tile size so they have less seams, but there still seems to be some scaling issue going on making the buildings larger the further from an integer value the map zoom gets. Giving them a weird breathing effect when zooming smoothly. Same thing happens with the normal buildings as well.

Please tell me more about "weird breathing effect".
I just checked it and didn't see anything like that.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

7 (edited by CELL9 2023-01-04 22:15:46)

I think it's easier if I show you. I made a new project with default settings just to be sure. This is the regular building module. Its more noticeable with bigger buildings. They are the smallest when zoom is at a whole number, then gradually increasing in size until 0.5 before getting smaller again and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lviJSLoJQMI

Thank you very much for the video.
Currently I went for a couple of days to another city.
I'll be back on January 8th and try to reproduce and fix the issue.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thanks for waiting.
I was able to reproduce the problem and understand why this is happening.
Unfortunately the problem is very deep and to fix it I will need to rework the entire building system.
I wrote it down and will definitely try to do it in the future, but it won't be fast.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

I understand, I appreciate that. Meanwhile, I think I will use the regular building module as the effect is less noticeable without the seams, even though it is slower and sometimes doesn't load consistently.

Say, did you have the script that allows caching of buildings? That might help a bit. I sent an email to you.