Re: Tiling Shader Buildings

It doesn't make sense.
Either do something for all cases, or don't do it at all.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi Alex, I'll bother you again.
I'm using your Huge Texture asset which works well.
When I generate my terrain I always use the "Generate Underwater" option. In order to generate these depths, the field only accepts a texture which, due to Unity limits, cannot exceed 8192x8192.

Do you think it would be possible to use a Huge Texture result in this field? So that I can use a texture as big as 20Kx20K as a base for the underwater?
I often generate terrain of 200Kmx200Km and the "only" 8192 pixels are often too approximate.
Thank you

Hello.
Theoretically I can add such a feature.
Practically, it will be very not optimal, because 20Kx20K texture will use 1.2GB of memory.
In this case it is better to make bitmask support + converter.
Bitmask will only use 50MB of memory in this case, and will not be size limited at all.

P.S. I removed your attachment because it contained your mapbox api key.
Showing keys in a public place is not a good practice, and you might be unpleasantly surprised by the bill from the service if some bad guy uses it.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Oh, thanks Alex, I didn't notice my screenshot. In any case that is a free key.

I only partially understood what you wrote to me. The bitmask system you propose is excellent but, in any case, I still only have 8192 pixels to be able to manage the entire B/W profile of the backdrop.

So on a territory of 200Km x 200Km I will not have more than 8192 pixels to be able to identify the change between coast and water.

For this reason I was looking for a system to be able to insert a B/W texture with a higher resolution, in order to improve the precision between the B/W pixels then transported onto the terrain.

I hope I have explained myself

OK. I realized you didn't really understand me.
I'm pretty busy with another project this week.
Next week I'll try to find time to do for you what I had in mind.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Ok, thanks Alex!
Sorry, sometimes I'm not that technical hmm

Hi Alex, I know you're busy and I'm not writing to rush you.

I just wanted to ask you for another favor that I think is quicker to fulfill than my previous request.
I'm using your Object_Placer tool, which I can find from Windows/Infinity/RWT/Tools/Object_Placer.
I find it very useful, I wanted to ask you if you could implement the function of instantiating an object on multiple geographical coordinates, perhaps written in an external .txt file.

Example: I create a .txt file with 10 geographical coordinates and save it in the Assets folder (or leave it on my desktop) and from the attached interface I have a button that allows me to search for the text file on my PC or in the Assets folder and, loading it, when I press on "Place" in tool, it instantiates the object that I inserted in all the coordinates present in the text file.

I hope I explained myself but I think it's a simple concept for you to understand.
Thank you

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Object_Placer.PNG 45.82 kb, 8 downloads since 2023-12-20 

I understand your concept, and will try to implement it.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thanks Alex!

Hello.
I have implemented both things you asked for.
But I don't plan to release a new version of the asset right now.
It will most likely be released next year.
So if you want to get the update right now, email me (support@infinity-code.com) and I'll send it to you.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thanks Alex, awesome!
Regarding my first request, how have you improved the system?
I will return to work on 01/08/2024, if you don't think of releasing a new release on or near that date, tell me and I'll write to you by email.
Thank you

I did what I wrote in post 103, and what you asked for in post 107.

Until 1 August it is very likely to be released.
Until 8 January it will 100% not be released.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.