Topic: Real World Terrain vs. Online Maps v3
Hello Alex, thank you for awsome assets!
I am working on a project which creates digital twin of certain location. Application will able to create an area with online or offline data. the app doesn't need to stream the terrains, terrain should be static and highest quality.
I am planning to use your assets for this project but couldn't decide which one suits more for my needs.
I can summarize the requirements as follows;
- should work runtime on windows build (online and offline)
- should be able to use local or online data (local data without custom server)
- should create huge areas like 100 km2
- should be able to save created terrains
- shoud be able to create buildings with osm and shape files
When I reviewed your applications, I made the following observations;
Real World Terrain:
- Working editor only
- Working with online data sources as tiles
- Creating terrain with offline data only works with custom servers and If I have a big satellite imagery I have to tile myself (correct me if I am wrong)
- Can create huge areas
Online Maps v3
- Working runtime
- Canvas size limited, I can't create 100 km2 area (corret me if I am wrong)
- Unable to maintain real world scale. Scale changes according to canvas size and zoom amount
- Can't use SRTM elevation data (Free bing tiers running out too fast)
- Can't freeze generated terrain and use it offline
These are my observation and assumptions. Whichever asset meets the needs I said more, I can start with it and develop the rest.