Topic: New Unity Input System Help

Your asset works fine with the old "Input Manager" but I need to ensure that my project is only using the new Input System, and this needs to include full, native touch support. I know this isn't really your issue but Unity has done a mostly lousy job with supporting this important transition. Would it be possible to provide at least some specific documentation on what will need to be added/changed in uPano to make everything work with the Input System? As a starting point, it seems to me that the separate mouse and keyboard scripts should be eliminated in favour of a more device-neutral implementation, to be more consistent with the spirit of the new Input System...

Re: New Unity Input System Help

Hello.

Thank you for your request.
I will check if I can do it and get back to you with the result in a few days.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi Alex,
I was able to get the basic asset working with the new Input System, including the UI buttons. Pan/tilt control (preferably drag or point) via mouse or touchscreen -- which would be REALLY excellent to have -- is a bit trickier, though. And the included virtual joystick is a different beast entirely. I suppose if it was easier to get that working than mouse/touchscreen, I'd take it...

An adapter for the new input system is attached.
Add it to any GameObject, and set Axis Action (2D Vector Composite with keys that will rotate the panorama).

I implemented Input Manager class in the wrong way to adapt to the new input system.
A patch for it is also attached.

Unfortunately, I did not understand your problem with the joystick.
This should work with the new input system out of the box.
At least it works correctly on my side.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon NewInputSystemAdapter.cs 3.29 kb, 72 downloads since 2022-10-19 

Attachment icon uPano v3.0.2 - InputManager Patch.unitypackage 1.62 kb, 71 downloads since 2022-10-19 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

An adapter for the new input system is attached.
Add it to any GameObject, and set Axis Action (2D Vector Composite with keys that will rotate the panorama).

I implemented Input Manager class in the wrong way to adapt to the new input system.
A patch for it is also attached.

Unfortunately, I did not understand your problem with the joystick.
This should work with the new input system out of the box.
At least it works correctly on my side.

Excellent, thanks!

I will test this out next week. Meanwhile do you have any thoughts on how to install over the existing asset which I installed using the Package Manager?

OK, I just tried the New Input System Adapter, but couldn't add it to any GameObject because I got an error message. (I'll try to attach a screenshot of the error message in a moment.) I'm working in Unity 2021.3, and there's a relevant note about namespaces in their documentation here:
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Namespaces.html

Error message attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon uPano InputSystemAdapter Error.rtf 536.16 kb, 69 downloads since 2022-10-21 

The error does not contain a mention of namespaces.
The message tells you to check the console because there might be errors there.
Do you have errors in the console?
And it tells you to make sure the file name matches the class name.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

The error does not contain a mention of namespaces.
The message tells you to check the console because there might be errors there.
Do you have errors in the console?
And it tells you to make sure the file name matches the class name.

OK, except it isn't MY file name, it's YOUR file name. And the class name is also YOURS. Please fix your error and supply a new update which I'll be glad to reinstall and retest!

Please open the console (Window / General / Console).
Most likely there is some kind of error message.
Please attach a full error messages you have and I'll tell you how to fix it.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Please open the console (Window / General / Console).
Most likely there is some kind of error message.
Please attach a full error messages you have and I'll tell you how to fix it.

This is a production project so I already deleted your adapter. I will get back to this next week and send the error message then!