1 (edited by jnicol 2022-09-13 12:26:38)

Topic: Map tiles are transparent

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get my map to show in unity using passthrough on a quest 2.  The issue I am finding is that the map tiles are transparent and I can see through the tiles to the desk etc. I am also using the mapbox plugin to close off the sides and bottom.  As you can see in the attached image the mapbox sides and bottom are opaque on one side only as well.

What setting do I need to toggle in order to ensure that the map tiles are opaque?  I cannot seem to find anything in the GameObject settings.

Thanks in advance!

John

Post's attachments

Attachment icon tx_map.png 324.03 kb, 35 downloads since 2022-09-13 

Re: Map tiles are transparent

Hello.

It looks like you have something wrong with the shader.
What value do you have in Tileset / Materials & Shaders / Tileset Shader field?
If it's TilesetShader try using TilesetCutoutShader.
If it's TilesetPBRShader, please make sure it has Surface Type - Opaque.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hey Alex,

I tried changing the shader from TileCutoutShader to TilesetShader and no difference.  There is no choice I can see for TlesetPBRShader.

John

Post's attachments

Attachment icon tileshadersettings.jpg 71.02 kb, 40 downloads since 2022-09-15 

TilesetPBRShader is available when using URP or HDRP.

This is very strange because TilesetCutoutShader does not support transparency.
I tried to search for some similar problem on the Internet, but found nothing.
Unfortunately, I can't test it myself because I don't develop for AR/VR/XR and don't have such devices and knowledge.

As a workaround, try switching to URP.
Another shader (TilesetPBRShader) will be used and the problem will probably be solved.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks Alex, I will try looking at the settings in Unity on Quest and see what I find.
John

As an update i tried switching to URP but had other issues with my project so had to revert back.  I may have to build a new project from scratch to use the suggestions.