Topic: ArcGIS elevation "Download error" HTTP ERROR 503

Hi Alex, is this error also in your country? Has something changed that I don't know? How can I solve the problem? "https://sampleserver4.arcgisonline.com/ … &Rows="

Re: ArcGIS elevation "Download error" HTTP ERROR 503

Hello.

Yes, this is a known issue, which unfortunately I cannot affect because it is a third party service.
Here we just need to wait and hope that the service will be available in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by LazzLab 2022-01-17 16:46:09)

Hi Alex, sadly ArcGIS hasn't been reset yet and I've started switching with OnlineMapsBingMapsTiledElevationManager. Everything ok but .....
With "Horizon2_BingMaps" I get this error "TargetException: Non-static field requires a target".
I did a verification check here too "https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopic.php?id=808".
I am using version 3.7.12
Solutions?

Thanks Alex

Horizon2_BingMaps was designed for Bing Maps Elevation Manager (not Tiled).
This will not work with Bing Maps Tiled Elevation Manager.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

OnlineMapsBingMapsElevation Manager has no "CacheElevation" and does not work with "Horizon2_BingMaps", error "IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array".

This is a known bug that is in Online Maps and not in Horizon2.
This bug has already been fixed, but the update has not yet been published.
Email me (support@infinity-code.com) and I'll send you a modified script.

P.S. I tried to make a version of Horizon2 for Bing Maps Tiled, but unfortunately so far without success. Maybe I'll try again later.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thanks Alex.
I also tried OnlineMapsMapboxElevationManager because it has "Chache Elevation" with "Horizon2_OM3" and here too I get this error "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
However, Mapbox elevations are better than "BingMapsTiled".
Before you fix Horizon2 for Bing Maps Tiled, could you try Horizon2_OM3 for Mapbox first?
I am sure you will succeed because you are a great engineer.

Horizon2_OM3 works well.
It just requires Bing Maps Elevation Manager.
This script was written a long time ago when the grass was green and Online Maps could only work with elevation from Bing Maps.
This script intercepts requests to Bing Maps and returns data from Mapbox, so in fact there will be no requests to Bing Maps.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

We are having this same problem.  It looks like the entire sampleserver4 server is down. Is there a way to change which server it connects to? I tried replacing the url in OnlineMapsArcGISTiledElevationManager.cs with random servers (sampleserver3, sampleserver2, etc) but those just give 404s.

Just yesterday, another Online Maps customer shared with me what happened with ArcGIS elevations and how to fix it.
The fix is already in the works. The new version will most likely be published within 2-3 weeks.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Fantastic! Thanks Alex, it's very important to us.

Hello everybody.
I haven't forgotten about this thread, and unfortunately I have to say that I can't do it yet.
The problem is that now ArcGIS elevation services returns data in LERC format, which does not have a dotNET decoder.
It has a C++ library, but I can't use it because it would create problems for the stated platforms (at least for WebGL).
So support for ArcGIS elevation will be removed in the next version of the asset.
If anyone ever makes a dotNET decoder for LERC, I'll consider adding ArcGIS elevation again.
And maybe in the future I will implement support for ArcGIS elevations as a free standalone plugin for Online Maps with a limited set of platforms.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hi Alex, it seems that the LERC format has a C# interface that could be used in Unity to decode this format. Of course the C# code calls the native C++ library but in some platforms like mobile and standalone it should be easy to create a Unity native plugin of LERC lib, I did the same for GDAL.

https://github.com/Esri/lerc/blob/maste … cDecode.cs

Do you think you can share the code to retrieve the elevation with new ArcGIS API?

Thanks, I've already seen this.
This is an interface to C++ library that I can't use for reasons I described in a previous post.

I won't make any promises, but there is a good chance that I will make and publish a plug-in for working with ArcGIS elevations, because I see quite a strong customer interest in this service.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hello Alex, do you have any update on a tiled horizon working with bing maps ?
Thanks

I have updated the latest Horizon2_BingMaps script here:
https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtop … 3493#p3493

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.