Topic: Persistent warning message after clicking a prefab.

I have a scene with many objects. If I click on one, then wait a short period of time, then click it again, it selects the object behind it. This is fine.

However, immediately when it selects the object behind the first one, the following warning spams the console indefinitely. I can only escape this state by closing and reopening Unity.

null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture
UnityEngine.GUI:DrawTexture (UnityEngine.Rect,UnityEngine.Texture,UnityEngine.ScaleMode,bool,single,UnityEngine.Color,UnityEngine.Vector4,UnityEngine.Vector4)
InfinityCode.UltimateEditorEnhancer.HierarchyTools.TreeDrawer:DrawTree (InfinityCode.UltimateEditorEnhancer.HierarchyItem) (at Assets/Plugins/Infinity Code/Ultimate Editor Enhancer/Editor/Hierarchy/TreeDrawer.cs:82)
InfinityCode.UltimateEditorEnhancer.HierarchyItemDrawer:OnHierarchyItemGUI (int,UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Plugins/Infinity Code/Ultimate Editor Enhancer/Editor/Managers/HierarchyItemDrawer.cs:57)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

The infinite spam appears to be causing significant lag in Unity as well.

Re: Persistent warning message after clicking a prefab.

Hello.

Thanks for the bug report.

For some reason your hierarchy tree drawer textures didn't load.
Unfortunately, I don't know why this could happen in your case.
I have added additional checks to work around this issue.
The patch is attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon uee-v3.0.1-TreeDrawer-patch.unitypackage 1.25 kb, 72 downloads since 2022-04-10 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

The warning message has gone away for those steps.

Let me know if there are additional tests you need me to perform to ensure the feature functions.

Now that I know what feature is affected, I opened up a Collection (brown box icon?) that I set up prior to this issue starting. The icon is missing, and the following message appears in Console:

null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture
UnityEngine.GUI:DrawTexture (UnityEngine.Rect,UnityEngine.Texture,UnityEngine.ScaleMode)
InfinityCode.UltimateEditorEnhancer.HierarchyTools.BestIconDrawer:DrawItem (InfinityCode.UltimateEditorEnhancer.HierarchyItem) (at Assets/Plugins/Infinity Code/Ultimate Editor Enhancer/Editor/Hierarchy/BestIconDrawer.cs:61)
InfinityCode.UltimateEditorEnhancer.HierarchyItemDrawer:OnHierarchyItemGUI (int,UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Plugins/Infinity Code/Ultimate Editor Enhancer/Editor/Managers/HierarchyItemDrawer.cs:57)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

I created a new project to see where the icons are supposed to be. My UEE directory structure didn't match that new project, so I deleted the UEE folder and left the UEESettings folder. Then reimported the asset from the asset store.

I'm not sure where this directory structure change came from, but I did upgrade the project from uContext Pro at some point. Maybe there is a way to use relative paths, or the Resources reserved folder to ensure these icons are always exposed to the UEE scripts?

All content in UEE has a different GUID's than the content in the uContext.
Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to comment on why this happened in your case.
To understand this, I need to test your project.

If something went wrong while migrating from uContext to UEE, export uContext settings and elements (Edit / Project Settings / uContext / File / Export), delete uContext, import UEE, and import settings and elements.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.