Topic: Parts of the spline under the terrain ?

Hello
I am drawing a spline on an onlinemap using the "Draw Text" Playmaker action
Without elevation I can see the whole spline, but  if I turn elevation on (with ArgisTiled for instance), the spline follows the elevation but some parts remain under the map :
http://zmz.fr/ph/images/SplineClape.jpg
Maybe adding a Y value for the spline would be a solution ?
Best regards, Philippe

Re: Parts of the spline under the terrain ?

Hello.

The lines have a follow relief field.
I added support for this field to playmaker actions.
Modified scripts are attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon DrawLine.cs 2.2 kb, 85 downloads since 2021-02-22 

Attachment icon DrawTXT.cs 2.39 kb, 7695 downloads since 2021-02-22 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hello
Thanks for the answer, I replaced the scripts, but I am afraid the problem remains...
Please have a look at this video : https://youtu.be/qFDYzDIgTyg

I see. I will try to improve the line following of the elevations, but this is a rather complicated algorithm, it will take some time and I cannot guarantee the result.
As a workaround, you can use drawing as overlay (I'll add such an action for Playmaker if needed), but this is a rather slow mode, and if there is any chance of using any other way, it should be used.
In addition, you can use some other shader for drawing elements, but this requires some experience with shaders. I am not a big expert in shaders, and I cannot help you.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hello thanks for your answer.

Alex Vertax wrote:

I see. I will try to improve the line following of the elevations, but this is a rather complicated algorithm, it will take some time and I cannot guarantee the result.

Don't waste your time, the easiest could be to add an "Y" (height) public variable, that will raise the spline a over the spline. I will generate the splines, if some parts of it are masked, I will increase the Y value.

Alex Vertax wrote:

As a workaround, you can use drawing as overlay (I'll add such an action for Playmaker if needed), but this is a rather slow mode, and if there is any chance of using any other way, it should be used.

Draw an overlay via playmaker would be an interesting features for lot of reasons ! At least 4 parameters would be interesting : color (with alpha), closed or not, filled or not, follow relief.

Alex Vertax wrote:

In addition, you can use some other shader for drawing elements, but this requires some experience with shaders. I am not a big expert in shaders, and I cannot help you.

Best regards. Phil

Don't waste your time, the easiest could be to add an "Y" (height) public variable, that will raise the spline a over the spline. I will generate the splines, if some parts of it are masked, I will increase the Y value.

Actually a good idea.
Implemented.
The next version of Online Maps will contain this field.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Actually a good idea.
Implemented.
The next version of Online Maps will contain this field.

Good !
If you can share the C# script, don't hesitate !
Philippe

I don't really want to post asset scripts on the forum.
But you can always request this by email, and I will send you the latest dev version of the asset with these changes.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.