Topic: EasyRoads3D v3 not generated

Hi,
I'm trying to generate roads through Real world Terrain v. 4.3.0.1 with EasyRoadss3D v3 but it doesn't work.

A road network is created in the Hierarchy but no roads are placed in the world, just one road object without any mesh at 0,0,0, and I get this error message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at EasyRoads3Dv3.ERRoad.Refresh () [0x00001] in <69cf1a9e593e4f2ca7976a517a06d72c>:0

at EasyRoads3Dv3.ERRoad.SetWidth (System.Single width) [0x0001e] in <69cf1a9e593e4f2ca7976a517a06d72c>:0

at EasyRoads3Dv3.ERRoadNetwork.CreateRoad (System.String roadName, EasyRoads3Dv3.ERRoadType roadType, UnityEngine.Vector3[] markers) [0x0002a] in <69cf1a9e593e4f2ca7976a517a06d72c>:0

at InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Generators.RealWorldTerrainRoadGenerator.CreateEasyRoads () [0x000d5] in C:\Depot\Assets\Infinity Code\Real World Terrain\Scripts\Editor\Generators\RealWorldTerrainRoadGenerator.cs:235

at InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Generators.RealWorldTerrainRoadGenerator.Generate (InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.RealWorldTerrainContainer container) [0x00597] in C:\Depot\Assets\Infinity Code\Real World Terrain\Scripts\Editor\Generators\RealWorldTerrainRoadGenerator.cs:467

at InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Phases.RealWorldTerrainGenerateRoadsPhase.Enter () [0x00001] in C:\Depot\Assets\Infinity Code\Real World Terrain\Scripts\Editor\Phases\RealWorldTerrainGenerateRoadsPhase.cs:18

at InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Windows.RealWorldTerrainWindow.Update () [0x00011] in C:\Depot\Assets\Infinity Code\Real World Terrain\Scripts\Editor\Windows\RealWorldTerrainWindow.cs:433
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Windows.RealWorldTerrainWindow:Update() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Windows/RealWorldTerrainWindow.cs:437)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Re: EasyRoads3D v3 not generated

Hello.

This is a known issue in EasyRoads3D v3.1.7.
As far as I know, Raoul (EasyRoads3D developer) has already fixed this problem.
Solution: Use a different version of EasyRoads3D.
The latest version in Asset Store is EasyRoads3D v3.1.8f2.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thank you! That solved the problem

4 (edited by unizen 2020-02-01 03:59:32)

I'm getting this problem with the latest versions of RWT (4.4.1) and EasyRoads 3D (v3.1.9.f2).

Though the error message is different from OP's. Here it is:

The Object you want to instantiate is null.
  at UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) [0x00008] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\Scripting\UnityEngineObject.bindings.cs:374 
  at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original) [0x00007] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\Scripting\UnityEngineObject.bindings.cs:231 
  at InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Generators.RealWorldTerrainEasyRoads3DGenerator.Init () [0x0003a] in C:\Users\Eric\Documents\Unity Projects\Real World\Assets\Infinity Code\Real World Terrain\Scripts\Editor\Generators\RealWorldTerrainEasyRoads3DGenerator.cs:267 
  at InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Generators.RealWorldTerrainRoadGenerator.Init (InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.RealWorldTerrainContainer container) [0x00133] in C:\Users\Eric\Documents\Unity Projects\Real World\Assets\Infinity Code\Real World Terrain\Scripts\Editor\Generators\RealWorldTerrainRoadGenerator.cs:248 
  at InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Generators.RealWorldTerrainRoadGenerator.Generate (InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.RealWorldTerrainContainer container) [0x00001] in C:\Users\Eric\Documents\Unity Projects\Real World\Assets\Infinity Code\Real World Terrain\Scripts\Editor\Generators\RealWorldTerrainRoadGenerator.cs:194 
  at InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Phases.RealWorldTerrainGenerateRoadsPhase.Enter () [0x00001] in C:\Users\Eric\Documents\Unity Projects\Real World\Assets\Infinity Code\Real World Terrain\Scripts\Editor\Phases\RealWorldTerrainGenerateRoadsPhase.cs:18 
  at InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Windows.RealWorldTerrainWindow.Update () [0x00011] in C:\Users\Eric\Documents\Unity Projects\Real World\Assets\Infinity Code\Real World Terrain\Scripts\Editor\Windows\RealWorldTerrainWindow.cs:418 
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Windows.RealWorldTerrainWindow:Update() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Windows/RealWorldTerrainWindow.cs:422)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:303)

Thank you for bug report.
Raoul renamed one of the resources in EasyRoads3D v3.1.9.
Fix for RWT v4.4.1 is attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon RWT v4.4.1 - EasyRoads3D v3.1.9 fix.unitypackage 3.25 kb, 494 downloads since 2020-02-01 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Thank you for bug report.
Raoul renamed one of the resources in EasyRoads3D v3.1.9.
Fix for RWT v4.4.1 is attached.

Thanks for the quick response, works great now.

It says no third party packages detected even though i have easy roads 3
how do i get it to work?

8 (edited by rosspctraining 2020-11-08 09:23:21)

FIXED:  The problem was i imported the hd textures without importing the easy3d roads package.

I have now installed the 3d road package, the demo and the hd textures.
I am now having a problem trying to get the right road types. 

initial error... no  easyroads3d detected by  real world terrains.

i tried importing that new package Attachment icon RWT v4.4.1 - EasyRoads3D v3.1.9 fix.unitypackage

InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Editors.RealWorldTerrainContainerEditor.DrawBaseDist () (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Editors/RealWorldTerrainContainerEditor.cs:80)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Editors.RealWorldTerrainContainerEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Editors/RealWorldTerrainContainerEditor.cs:402)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass58_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <1fe7a3c0284a456b9681b7a93141c89a>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

when i try to change an easy road to a sandy path in a rwt road system eg from normal road to dirt path.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

This is the patch for RWT v4.4.1.
The latest version of RWT at the moment is 4.5.4 and it is not compatible with this patch.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException occurs when Mode is Advanced?
If yes, then this is a known issue on the EasyRoads side.
Raoul (the creator of EasyRoads) wrote that this issue has been fixed and I have confirmation of this from the user who originally reported it.
So try updating EasyRoads using the Asset Store.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.