Topic: Download a Huge Texture with UPano ?

Hello
I am trying HugeTexture which seems to be a fantastic asset (review very soon !) and I would like if there is a way to use the Dowloader script in UPano with a HugeTexture ?

If not, the only way to have a more detailed 360 photo is to convert it into cubefaces, right ? I mean 8192x8192 pix/6 side =  about 400 MPixels.

The issue with a so large photo is that it might take a while to load/display. Something that would be very intersting, that almost all 360 softwares do, would be to have progressive resolution, exactly like tiled maps. 512x512x6, then 1024x1024x6 2048x2048x6 etc : then the tiles are loaded only if needed, when the user zooms into the 360 photo.

It takes more space on the disk but loading is much better. Don't hesitate to ask if not clear.

Another suggestion : the 16384 limit is a little bit to low, 32768 would be perfect for me if possible.

Best regards

Philippe

Re: Download a Huge Texture with UPano ?

Hello.

1. Thanks for the suggestion. I think a downloader with Huge Texture support will be useful.
I added this to the uPano work plan.

2. Your calculation of megapixels are incorrect. This is about 400 million pixels or about 20 megapixels.

3. Support for Huge Texture larger than 16k almost finished, and the new version is likely to be available next week.

Edit: Texture2DArray has a 2GB limit, so the maximum texture size will be 26624x26624 (for a square texture).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

2. Your calculation of megapixels are incorrect. This is about 400 million pixels or about 20 megapixels.

1 face = 8192x8192 = 67 108 864 Pix
6 faces = 67 108 864 x 6 = 402 653 184 Pixels

1 million pixels = 1 Mega pixel =

So 402 653 184 Pixels = about 400 MegaPixels, right ?

Maybe you mean the resolution, 20k x 20k = 400MPix ?

Any idea about a "progressive" downloader, as Panotour or Pano2Vr ?

Best regards.

Phil

Yes you are right. This is me a little confused in terms.

uPano Downloader already has the ability to first load a low resolution texture.
Or do you mean some improvement for this feature?
If so, then I am always open to discussion.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Yes you are right. This is me a little confused in terms.

uPano Downloader already has the ability to first load a low resolution texture.
Or do you mean some improvement for this feature?
If so, then I am always open to discussion.

Hello, I have to explain what I mean with “progressive downloading” in my previous post.
It would be very helpful to have a tiling system like krpano (the panotour engine) does.
https://krpano.com/examples/?multires

I think this is the same way as the map tiles, right ?
So could UPano and Huge texture work together to manage high detailed multiresolution panoramas or gigapixel images ?

This 45 GPixels panorama of tokyo is an interesting example : https://krpano.com/panos/tokyo45gp
Please have a look at the thumbnails. A feature like the thumbnails to pan/tilt/zoom to a specific part of the image or even tansform the panorama in miniplanet would be great.

And a question I wanted to ask for a while : would it be possible to add transformations (miniplanet, architectural view, fisheye ball…) to UPano ? As they are “only” mathematical transformations it should not be too complicated, no ?

Best regards.

Unfortunately uPano cannot do this.
To implement this, I need to rewrite the asset from scratch with this capability in the core.
Maybe someday I will, but it will definitely not be in the near future.

Do you mean this when you talk about transformations?
https://live.staticflickr.com/7089/6859 … caef_h.jpg
If so, it's almost impossible to add to uPano.
Such transformations are easy when you render an image on a plane, and very difficult when you do not have a plane (uPano displays a panorama on a sphere, cylinder and cube).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

A little thought on transformations:
To make a miniplanet place the camera at the top of the sphere, point it down, and increase Field of View.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

A little thought on transformations:
To make a miniplanet place the camera at the top of the sphere, point it down, and increase Field of View.

Yes this is what I tried, but the aspect is very different. I will send you a screenshot.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Unfortunately uPano cannot do this.
To implement this, I need to rewrite the asset from scratch with this capability in the core.
Maybe someday I will, but it will definitely not be in the near future.

OK...

Alex Vertax wrote:

Do you mean this when you talk about transformations?
https://live.staticflickr.com/7089/6859 … caef_h.jpg
If so, it's almost impossible to add to uPano.
Such transformations are easy when you render an image on a plane, and very difficult when you do not have a plane (uPano displays a panorama on a sphere, cylinder and cube).

Yes, it is exactly what I mean for the miniplanet.

Something like:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ut7bxodm961l2 … 5.mp4?dl=0

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.