Topic: Download a Huge Texture with UPano ?

Hello
I am trying HugeTexture which seems to be a fantastic asset (review very soon !) and I would like if there is a way to use the Dowloader script in UPano with a HugeTexture ?

If not, the only way to have a more detailed 360 photo is to convert it into cubefaces, right ? I mean 8192x8192 pix/6 side =  about 400 MPixels.

The issue with a so large photo is that it might take a while to load/display. Something that would be very intersting, that almost all 360 softwares do, would be to have progressive resolution, exactly like tiled maps. 512x512x6, then 1024x1024x6 2048x2048x6 etc : then the tiles are loaded only if needed, when the user zooms into the 360 photo.

It takes more space on the disk but loading is much better. Don't hesitate to ask if not clear.

Another suggestion : the 16384 limit is a little bit to low, 32768 would be perfect for me if possible.

Best regards

Philippe

Re: Download a Huge Texture with UPano ?

Hello.

1. Thanks for the suggestion. I think a downloader with Huge Texture support will be useful.
I added this to the uPano work plan.

2. Your calculation of megapixels are incorrect. This is about 400 million pixels or about 20 megapixels.

3. Support for Huge Texture larger than 16k almost finished, and the new version is likely to be available next week.

Edit: Texture2DArray has a 2GB limit, so the maximum texture size will be 26624x26624 (for a square texture).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!

Alex Vertax wrote:

2. Your calculation of megapixels are incorrect. This is about 400 million pixels or about 20 megapixels.

1 face = 8192x8192 = 67 108 864 Pix
6 faces = 67 108 864 x 6 = 402 653 184 Pixels

1 million pixels = 1 Mega pixel =

So 402 653 184 Pixels = about 400 MegaPixels, right ?

Maybe you mean the resolution, 20k x 20k = 400MPix ?

Any idea about a "progressive" downloader, as Panotour or Pano2Vr ?

Best regards.

Phil

Yes you are right. This is me a little confused in terms.

uPano Downloader already has the ability to first load a low resolution texture.
Or do you mean some improvement for this feature?
If so, then I am always open to discussion.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!