1 (edited by sinjimonkey 2020-09-24 18:46:25)

Topic: Inverted 3d markers

Hi.  I just updated my online maps because I'm working on a new version of my app. 
3d markers are coming in upside-down and when I move the map they move in the opposite direction.  If I set the scale to -1,-1,-1 it moves correctly with the map but isn't in the right place.

What am I missing?

Re: Inverted 3d markers

Hello.

Very interesting.
I just checked 3D markers and it works correctly on my side.
Please make a short video showing the map settings (all components) and the transform component.
I will try to reproduce this.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

I figured it out.  Looks like it doesn't normalize the marker holder after instantiating it.  Setting the position and rotation to 0 after creating the markers fixes it.

Here's a short video I took showing the problem and how I worked around it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7knA3 … sp=sharing

5 (edited by sinjimonkey 2020-09-24 19:14:14)

Watching the video again - it looks like you are instantiating your marker holder at 0,0,0 and then parenting it (which causes unity to give it a local position relative to where it should be for the centre of the scene - and in my case I had rotated the map and panned it to be where I needed it).  The fix would be to reset the transforms so that it properly aligns with the map.

Thank you for the bug report and video.
The problem has been fixed.
Hotfix is already available through the built-in update system.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.