1 (edited by pberry1_98 2020-01-14 00:07:39)

Topic: Oculus Quest tutorial

Hi

I want to load a map in my VR scene in Unity and then be able to interact with it (zoom, etc) using the Oculus controllers for the Oculus Quest.  Is there a tutorial available?

Thanks

Pete

Re: Oculus Quest tutorial

Hello.

Unfortunately, we do not have Oculus Quest and cannot give you such a tutorial.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!

3 (edited by pberry1_98 2020-01-14 11:28:12)

Alex

Thanks for replying. Let me ask my question in an more general way.  I am looking for guidance on implementing in VR but it doesn’t have to be specifically for the Quest.

Here is what i have done so far (although I am not sure this is even the right direction).  I created a Map as a 2D UI Image and placed it in a Canvas in my scene.  I run the scene and I can see the map.  I have a ray caster in my scene for UI and I am able to see the dot on the map since it is a UI object.

I am having trouble figuring out how to interact with it.  I am able to reposition and zoom but only by interacting with the Online Maps script in the Inspector by changing Long/Lat or moving the zoom.  Alternatively, in the editor, if I click on the map while running the scene, I can use the left and right arrow keys to zoom in and out.

That is as far as I have gotten. I am trying to put a slider in the scene and have it control the zoom or transfer the arrow functionality to the joy stick on the controller.  I am having trouble figuring out what variables I need to manipulate in the script.

Any help, examples or tutorials around VR in general would be helpful.

Thanks again.

Pete

First of all, look at an example:
http://infinity-code.com/atlas/online-m … ample.html
This example explains how to override the input, and use custom input source instead of mouse.

Next, look at OnlineMapsControlBase.ZoomOnPoint method.
http://infinity-code.com/doxygen/online … da8af72ca4
Using this method, you can implement your own zoom behavior.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!