1 (edited by pberry1_98 2020-01-14 00:07:39)

Topic: Oculus Quest tutorial

Hi

I want to load a map in my VR scene in Unity and then be able to interact with it (zoom, etc) using the Oculus controllers for the Oculus Quest.  Is there a tutorial available?

Thanks

Pete

Re: Oculus Quest tutorial

Hello.

Unfortunately, we do not have Oculus Quest and cannot give you such a tutorial.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by pberry1_98 2020-01-14 11:28:12)

Alex

Thanks for replying. Let me ask my question in an more general way.  I am looking for guidance on implementing in VR but it doesn’t have to be specifically for the Quest.

Here is what i have done so far (although I am not sure this is even the right direction).  I created a Map as a 2D UI Image and placed it in a Canvas in my scene.  I run the scene and I can see the map.  I have a ray caster in my scene for UI and I am able to see the dot on the map since it is a UI object.

I am having trouble figuring out how to interact with it.  I am able to reposition and zoom but only by interacting with the Online Maps script in the Inspector by changing Long/Lat or moving the zoom.  Alternatively, in the editor, if I click on the map while running the scene, I can use the left and right arrow keys to zoom in and out.

That is as far as I have gotten. I am trying to put a slider in the scene and have it control the zoom or transfer the arrow functionality to the joy stick on the controller.  I am having trouble figuring out what variables I need to manipulate in the script.

Any help, examples or tutorials around VR in general would be helpful.

Thanks again.

Pete

First of all, look at an example:
http://infinity-code.com/atlas/online-m … ample.html
This example explains how to override the input, and use custom input source instead of mouse.

Next, look at OnlineMapsControlBase.ZoomOnPoint method.
http://infinity-code.com/doxygen/online … da8af72ca4
Using this method, you can implement your own zoom behavior.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.