Topic: map URLs not working on Android

I use a custom url and load tiles from my server

On iOS devices works perfect and map tiles are download from server, without any issue.

When I build for Android devices, with the latest Unity personal version I get no tiles on map.

After some search I came across this article -> "Android 8: Cleartext HTTP traffic not permitted"

So I build a Gradle Project with Unity and try the above solutions without success...
I also try loading tiles fromhttps but again no tiles on map.

I debug the project on Android Studio and finally found that Android project needs a security_config.xml

I created that file with suggested code but not working...

Is this a Unity error?
Has anyone the same problem?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon debug.png 185.75 kb, 2 downloads since 2019-09-24 

Re: map URLs not working on Android

Hello.

No, no one wrote to me about such a problem before.
And I just checked Unity Issue Tracker over the last couple of years, and there is no mention of such a problem.
Online Maps is used by a lot of people from novices of Unity to industry professionals, and I have a lot feedback. If this problem appeared earlier, I would know about it.

There may be two things here:
1. The problem is in your device. Try testing this on another device.
2. The problem is in some settings of your project. Try to create a new empty project with default settings, import Online Maps, and check if it works or not.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!

Re: map URLs not working on Android

***** PROBLEM SOLVED *****
The problem was my server MODSECURITY = enabled. This is something like a firewall.
I don't know why on iOS was working. Maybe something change on newer versions of Android and MODSECURITY detect it as a threat!

I disable MODSECURITY and everything works great!
This issue was delay my project 2 weeks until I found the problem.

Alex, your help was very important!! With your directions I finally found what was the problem.

thank you again.