Topic: Fix overlap problem

Hi,
When I attach horizon to the map, I found overlap between the map's eleavation and the horizon as in the next capture.

It's possible to solve this problem of superposition.
what I propose is :
-that either we can create the horizon from the outline of the map ,but I do not know how I can do that
-either we put a shader in the part of the horizon that contain the map so it becomes is transparent.
is there a solution for this problem?
Thank you

Post's attachments

Attachment icon ov.PNG 1 mb, 74 downloads since 2019-07-22 

Re: Fix overlap problem

Hello.

If you use this shader for a tileset, then just make a reverse shader for the horizon.
http://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopi … 5354#p5354

// ...
o.Alpha = saturate(scale);
// ...
Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thank youuu ,you're a genius

Hello Amen and hello Alex,
I gave a try to your shaders (for the map and for the horizon) to get a better transition between map and horizon, but I get a transparent ring around the map.
Do I'm missing something?
Many thanks!

For horizon shader try using fadeRange - 0.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

6 (edited by Amen 2019-08-13 12:47:07)

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hello.

If you use this shader for a tileset, then just make a reverse shader for the horizon.
http://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopi … 5354#p5354

// ...
o.Alpha = saturate(scale);
// ...

in the case where the map and the Horizon are oriented, rot.y=180, i have some unexpected result .How can I apply this shader of horizon whatever the rotation of the horizon?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon shaderProblem.PNG 1.49 mb, 64 downloads since 2019-08-13 

The problem is not in the shader. The problem is in the horizon.
This script was not designed that the map can be rotated or scaled.
How to fix it:

Horizon2_ArcGIS.UpdateMesh()
{
    Matrix4x4 matrix = transform.worldToLocalMatrix;
    // ...
    for (int x = 0; x < countX; x++)
    // ...
        for (int y = 0; y < countY; y++)
        // ...
            Vector3 v1 = matrix.MultiplyPoint(control.GetWorldPosition(px, py) + offset);
            // ...
            Vector3 v2 = matrix.MultiplyPoint(control.GetWorldPosition(px, py) + offset);
            // ...
}
Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hi Alex,
Thank you .

For the method of creating  the horizon from the outline of the map (adding countX* countY tuiles from the outline of the map to gain performance).
It can be possible with Horizon_ArcGIS SCRIPT ?

Unfortunately, I did not understand your question.
Please rephrase this.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.