Topic: zoom on android - strange behaviour

Hello,

I ve setup the default openmap config for an app i m developing.
I m using a google map with a terrain type
the camera is centered on the tile
smouth zoom is true and the zoom mode is target
camera control is false
zoom in on double click is false

I have the online maps tileset controls since i ve switched to ugui.

The app works just fine when in the editor.
However when i m testing a build on an android device, when pinching to zoom :
the map will "zoom" the tile by moving the view 'to the top' of the map as long as i keep pinching... and the zoom will eventually update the zoom level and stabilize to the correct target position once i stop pinching.
So two annoying behaviors actually:
- why is it going to the top? do you have an explanation? a setting that could cause that.
- is there a way to force zoom level updates while still pinching...

In the editor, none of the above occurs and the app works just fine: the zoom is progressive, and the view is not 'going to the top' when zooming

One additional question.
- Changes between zoom levels are not so smooth i.e. the map redraws, causing the view to display white tiles for a brief time. I ve seen there seems to be a buffer system. Is it to deal with this effect? if yes what would be the proper example to check?

Many thanks

Emmanuel

Re: zoom on android - strange behaviour

Hello.

Unfortunately, I did not understand what you mean «to the top».
Please rephrase it.

Example of forced update zoom level is attached.
This example requires Online Maps v2.4.0.28+, because we have found and fixed a bug GetCoordsByWorldPosition when map.transform.localScale != Vector3.one.

Online Maps uses the current zoom level + 3 parents.
If you change the zoom level more than 3, the map will not have active tiles, and you will see a blank map.
There is no direct way to work around this.
Use «Advanced / Empty Color» and «Advanced / Default Tile Texture», to customize the look of the tile until it is loaded.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon UpdateZoomOnSmoothZoomProcessExample.cs 1.37 kb, 140 downloads since 2016-03-21 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.