Topic: RWT limitation ?

Hello,
I have a VR app (working on Oculus Quest) with hundreds of point of interest on a RWT 40x40km wide.
So far, it works fine.
But I will have to extend the size of the map, and probably increase it again in a near futur, thus adding many new POI, with virtually no limit.
My concern is that there will be, sooner or later, a "technical" limit : a too large terrain, too many points on the map, even more in VR where the amount of memory is limited.
I am afraid that disabling the points (or the terrains) that are far from the player won’t solve the problem, am I right ?
Which would be the best solution ? Managing several terrains ? Removing far points, then spawning them back when I get closer ?

Any idea or suggestion welcome !
Best regards.
Philippe

Re: RWT limitation ?

Hello.

I think in your case the best way is to use World Streamer 2 or its equivalents.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hello.

I think in your case the best way is to use World Streamer 2 or its equivalents.

Sure, but I am using many of the RWT features / Playmaker scripts and this would be a huge waste of time to try to write everything again. Is there any "bridge" between WS2 and RWT ? I don't see anything in the RWT documentation ?

Best regards

Philippe

No, there is no such bridge. And it's not really necessary.
RWT had integration with WorldStreamer (v1), but it didn't do anything that you can manually do in WS window.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.