Topic: 1 probable bug and several questions

Hello,

If I understand the documentation, to place an object by its coordinates on an OnlineMap, it must be a “Marker”, which can be any prefab ?

The prefab I want to use is a UPano panorama. Once spawned, I have to change several things, for instance it’s name, texture, a card included in the sphere...

And I don’t understand how I can do this, as it seems I can’t store its instance in the PM Action : I only have the choice between none or Globals/Audio_Current. Maybe this is a bug ?

What is the “Tooltip” in the PM action ?
Is it possible to add a name to the Marker ?

It would be great to have a spawner like the create object advanced action of PM.
https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/ … ic=11357.0

As I said in a previous thread, I am using the Follow Game Object script on the map, so the map doesn’t move, the map is displayed around the player (which is more natural)

Is there a way to display only the markers that are on the displayed part of the map ?

Last question, is there a way to have different resolutions on the same map ? I mean, a better resolution in the center (where the player is) and a lower resolution further, if possible decreasing with the distance ? This would allow a large map with a minimal bandwidth and resources consumption...

Best regards.

Re: 1 probable bug and several questions

Hello.

Theoretically, yes it can be any prefab.
In practice, there are many types of prefab that should not be used, such as UI elements, terrain, etc.
I understand when you have a regular marker, and when clicked, the panorama opens.
But, I can not find at least one reason why the marker should be a panorama.

You mean Create 3D Marker action, right?!
You need to create a variable of type Object, and select this in Store Instance field.
Playmaker debug will always show None, but still it will keep the correct reference to the instance.
This is a bug in Playmaker and we wrote about it in the documentation.

Tooltip is the text that displayes when you hover (by default) on the marker.

No, you cannot set a name for the marker.
Theoretically, if you really need it, I can add some way to do this.
But, in fact, there are many other ways to interact with the marker, and I don’t know why this might be necessary.

Again, why do you need such an action (CreateObject Advanced)?
How this should differ from Create 3D Marker action?

By default, only markers on the visible part of the map are displayed.

To have different resolutions of the same map use Horizons:
https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopic.php?id=808

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks for your answers ! Some explanations below...

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hello.
Theoretically, yes it can be any prefab.
In practice, there are many types of prefab that should not be used, such as UI elements, terrain, etc.
I understand when you have a regular marker, and when clicked, the panorama opens.
But, I can not find at least one reason why the marker should be a panorama.

Because my markers are spheres, with inside shaders. But I can make it work using sphere with inside shader, it will be simpler.

Alex Vertax wrote:

You mean Create 3D Marker action, right?!
You need to create a variable of type Object, and select this in Store Instance field.

I don't understand how I can do this ? I don't have a field where I can drag or set a variable ???
PunBB bbcode test

Alex Vertax wrote:

No, you cannot set a name for the marker.
Theoretically, if you really need it, I can add some way to do this.
But, in fact, there are many other ways to interact with the marker, and I don’t know why this might be necessary.

Again, why do you need such an action (CreateObject Advanced)?
How this should differ from Create 3D Marker action?

I don't need this anymore if I can store the instance, if I want I will rename the instance. This was an alternative solution, a workaround.

Alex Vertax wrote:

To have different resolutions of the same map use Horizons:
https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopic.php?id=808

Great solution ! How can I enlarge the horizon map ? I tried to change different parameters without success. A description of all the fields of the script would be helpful.

It would be very interesting to have a 3rd level, with an even lower resolution, to have a wider map, but maybe this is possible with 2 horizon scripts in the same map with different parameters ?

I noticed a small bug : if you add markers during play mode with the marker 3D Manager script, set their size type in meters, save the current state, then stop and play again : size type is set to "scene".

Online Maps is an incredibly powerful asset !!!

Best regards

I don't understand how I can do this ? I don't have a field where I can drag or set a variable ???

https://i.ibb.co/PYV6ctr/img1.png

You can have multiple instances of Horizon.
I recommend ArcGIS script version.
Actually, you are only interested in a few fields:
1. Intercept Download Elevations - Elevations for the map will be taken from the horizon script.
If you use multiple instances, then this field can be enabled only in one, or disabled in all.
2. Zoom Offset - shift the horizon zoom from the map zoom. This is the main field that you need to configure.
3. Count XY - horizon size in tiles. Do not set very large values. A value of 3-5 is sufficient.
4. Position Y Offset - shift the horizon down to avoid overlapping.

Thanks for the bug report.
The problem is fixed.
In the next version, this will work correctly.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

5 (edited by philzmz 2020-05-14 18:03:16)

Thanks for your answer. About the Create 3D Marker action, I was trying to create a GameObject variable instead of an Object Variable. So with an Object variable I can store the Marker I just created.

But I have a new problem : for instance if I want to change the size or the name of the marker (the prefab I just created), I can't do this on an "Object", only on a GameObject, right ?

So how do I convert the Object to a GameObject ? Sorry if this is a newbie question, it is the first time that I use an Object variable and I didn't find anything clear on the web...

Best regards

To get a GameObject, use the Get 3D Marker Instance action.
If you need, you can rename this GameObject.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.