Topic: Shadow on the border of the terrain + multiresolution

Hi Alex, 2 questions.

I have a stange issue, I hope you can help. I get on a 2x2 tiled map this shadow on the border of a tile. If I deactivate the terrains, and then reactivate them, the shadow disappears. But it appears again after a moment… If the light is turned of, the shadow remains. Please see attached image.

Before using RWT, I used another asset World composer, and there was an interesting feature : capture a 1st (central) terrain with a high resolution level, then other tiles around this terrain with a lower res, and other tiles even further with an even lower resolution… So if you are on the 1st terrain, and can’t leave it with colliders, you don’t notice that the surroundings are in lower resolution. If not clear, watch this video at 2mn : https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont … e=emb_logo

Is there a way to make this with RWT ?

Best regards.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon shadow.png 869.74 kb, 102 downloads since 2019-11-20 

Re: Shadow on the border of the terrain + multiresolution

Hello.

1. Looks like a problem with the terrains neighborhood.
Try updating neighbors (Real World Terrain Container / Utils / Update Neighbors).

2. In the current version of RWT, this can be done only by manually placing several generations in the scene.
To simplify the placing, we can add the ability to specify the coordinates of the anchor point.
With the same anchor point, all the generation results will have the correct relative position in the scene.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hello.

1. Looks like a problem with the terrains neighborhood.
Try updating neighbors (Real World Terrain Container / Utils / Update Neighbors).

YES ! THANKS A LOT !

Alex Vertax wrote:

2. In the current version of RWT, this can be done only by manually placing several generations in the scene.
To simplify the placing, we can add the ability to specify the coordinates of the anchor point.
With the same anchor point, all the generation results will have the correct relative position in the scene.

This would be great, as I always recenter the terrain in 0,0 to minimize the floating point limitation (gamepad vibrating if too far from the 0,0).

Please tell me when you add "the ability to specify the coordinates of the anchor point".

Best regards, Phil

Actually, I have already added this feature.
The next version of RWT will contain this.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Great !
When do you plan to release this new version ?
If you need a Beta Tester, let me know :-)
Best regards.

On the one hand, the new version of RWT is ready.
On the other hand, we and AndaSoft were working on a new feature for RWT + EasyRoads3D, which I promised to try to implement some time ago.
I would like to slow down to the release a bit to wait for the new version of EasyRoads3D, and make sure that everything works correctly.
If you want to get a new version of RWT before the release, write me an email (support@infinity-code.com) with your invoice number, and I will send you a new version.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hi Alex,

Have you ever pushed the changes for RWT to support multi-resolution tiles (point #2 in this thread) ? I can't find the option in the current RWT release from the store.

I am looking for such feature coming from WorldComposer. I  understand I could do it manually but I have quite a few large areas to generate.

Thanks in advance

Yes. Real World Terrain window / Area / Use Anchor - ON.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.