Topic: Why is there some the terrain altitude difference ?

Hello, Alex!

With your help these days, I have solved many problems. Thanks for your help.

But I have another question. Why is there some difference between the terrain altitude I downloaded and the actual altitude.

The actual height of the area I downloaded is 1380, while the downloaded height is around 1120. How can I download the true

terrain height?

The attachment is a screenshot of my download settings.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 1680836808467.png 153.73 kb, 32 downloads since 2023-04-07 

Re: Why is there some the terrain altitude difference ?

Hello.

First of all, please attach the coordinates of the area with which you have a problem.
This will give me a possibility to check on my side what is going wrong.

By writing "terrain altitude I downloaded", I think you mean the terrain height generated by RWT.

There could be two problems here:
1. The source elevation data from the provider is not accurate enough and does not contain elevation 1380.
2. The heightmap resolution is too small, and your peak (1380) is lost between the generated height values. Try increasing the heightmap resolution.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hello, Alex!

I have already placed the coordinate range I downloaded in the attachment. Please take a look!

Moreover, I find an another problem. When my camera was roaming through the downloaded scene, I found that it only displayed clearly when it was very close to the terrain, and it became blurry slightly further away. How can I adjust this?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 1681265265198.png 14.13 kb, 34 downloads since 2023-04-12 

I have generated an area with your settings and have an elevation range of 1350-1390.
A screenshot is attached.

The blurring is due to Base Map distance / resolution.
You can find an explanation of how this works in the Unity documentation:
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/terrain … tings.html
To solve this problem you need to increase Base Map Distance and/or Base Texture Resolution.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon img1.png 394.02 kb, 34 downloads since 2023-04-12 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.