1 (edited by Avilen 2023-03-06 20:26:33)

Topic: Map doesn't move while running the game on a phone

Hello, another question from me. So, I basically tried to run a game on my phone. On the computer, everything works fine, but when loaded on my android, the map doesn't drag and move when I touch and also it doesn't react with the markers when i click on them. The only thing that works is zooming in and out.

First time when I lounched only zoom didn't work, but then I saw the Fingers - Touch Gestures Connector, so I enable it. There were errors on the console and I figured out that I needed to install this asset to the game. And I did it and now only zooming works. I tried to add in the script the TapGesure element, but it didn't changed anything. Maybe it was not written well, but I followed the tutorial so I don't know.

I think I messed up a little with all those settings and I really have no idea how to make it work properly. Do you have any suggestions?

Re: Map doesn't move while running the game on a phone

Hello.

This is usually the case when UI element blocks interaction with the map.

How to check this:
Online Maps / Troubleshooting / Not Interact Under GUI - OFF.
If this solves the problem on the device then you have some UI element with Raycast Target - ON above the map.
You will need to find it and disable the Raycast Target.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Yea, I tried both things but it still doesn't work

Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to say what is wrong in your case.

Please tell me in detail about your application, maybe it will give me some clues as to what is wrong.

Also, what does Physics.Raycast give you if you use it over the map?

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Okey, I got back to the point where only zoom doesn't work. I delated this asset for more gestures. When I connect my phone zoom is broken, both on the phone and using mouse scroll on computer. However, when phone isn't connected and I run the game, the zoom works normally. Zooming by double clicking also works perfectly, also on my phone. I have UI elements over the map, like buttons and toggles, but I don't think this is the case, because draginng looks normally. In the map object I dont't have any additional scripts, apart one to change the zoom range and limits of the map. Even when it is disabled, zooming still does not work. Physics raycast actually doesn't change anything. Map isn't child of any other object

This is the first report of something like this, and honestly, I have no idea what it could be related to.
Try using some Gesture Framework that Online Maps has integration with (EasyTouch, Fingers - Touch Gestures, TouchScript).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thank you for all your help. I added +/- buttons for zooming in and out and it worked. However when I put the app to the internal test on Google Play and downloaded it, zooming with fingers works perfectly smile. The problem was probably due to USB connection or something like that. Maybe my computer was blocking some functions, i don't know. Nevertheless I am very happy that everything works.