1 (edited by XiaWuchu 2023-01-26 03:59:15)

Topic: Cannot load elevation data; Cannot load elevation map

Hello, Alex!
I met some trouble when I used the Real World Terrain plugin.  The provider I chosen was Arcgis. Was there anything wrong? Could you help me figure it out?

Re: Cannot load elevation data; Cannot load elevation map

Hello.

The old ArcGIS Elevation Service has been disabled by the provider.
Instead, ArcGIS made a new service.
Unfortunately, it cannot be used because the response is returned in a format for which there is no .NET decoder.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex, thanks for your reply! So now,  how can I download  real world terrains, I don't care what the format is. Is there any ways to make it? Besides, have you developed some plugins which can make the resources with ".terrain" format used in the unity. Maybe it's a transform tool. Because I have some existed terrain resources with this format. If you developed it, please tell me and  I can purchase it. Or if not, can you give me some advice?

Unfortunately, I didn't understand your message.

ArcGIS is a third party service that can do whatever it wants with its services without asking me or anyone else.
In this case, he decided to stop his service.

You can still use SRTM, SRTM30, Bing Maps, or Mapbox data to generate your terrains.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

I have the real world terrains resoureces with ".terrain" format, which I often use them in cesuim. But now I want use these terrains in unity. Can you understand me? In this case, I don't need download again. Do you know how to use this terrain format in unity?

No, it made things a lot more confusing.
How is what you wrote in post #5 related to the problem in post #1 and Real World Terrain asset?

You use terrains in the same way as any other asset.
Just drag and drop into the scene or hierarchy.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

OK, I use mapbox to download the terrain, but there is still an error:Download failed: https://a.tiles.mapbox.com/v4/mapbox.sa … ess_token=
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized. Is there anyting wrong?

You have not entered your Mapbox Access Token.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thx, Alex! I succeed in downloading terrain wiht Mapbox.
But I want to make the picture more clear.
I set the value of heightmap quality and texture quality to 70. After that, I set the value of heightmap quality and textureQuality to 100. Then I compared the two results, but in my sight , there is little differences.
So how can I make the picture of the terrains more clear?

To make the texture clear, you need to increase the resolution of the generated texture.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thanks, Alex! I have achived to load terrains under your guidance.

Haha~, I still have a further demand.

For I have some existed resources, and I want to import them into unity directly.

Can this plugin give some help?

I have attached the picture of the resource. Please check it.

Best wishes!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 1675938210082.png 11.04 kb, 29 downloads since 2023-02-09 

No, RWT cannot help you with this.
The best way to transfer assets between projects is in project #1 to select the required assets and click Export Package, in project #2 to import it via Import Package.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hi~Alex!

Maybe you can't understand what I mean. I now have some map resources available. These resources can have many formats, just like the format on yesterday's picture. The map resource is in tif format and then converted, but I want to import it into unity for use. I found that you also have a plug-in called "Mesh to Terrain". Can this plug-in solve my problem?

No, unfortunately RWT and Mesh to Terrain cannot help you because they are not designed for it.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

OK, I understand.

Do you think there is a way to achieve it?

If there is no way, I can only give up this idea.

Unfortunately, I don't know if there is a way to do this.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.