Topic: ArcGIS Elevations

Spotted the following in the changelog and wanted to know if there was any way for ArcGIS elevation data to be visualised within OnlineMaps?

3.8.0.1 (2022.07.14)

[Elevations] Added warnings that ArcGIS Elevations has stopped and will not work.

Is it a case of just updating an URL to get ArcGIS elevation data or is there no way to visualise any ArcGIS elevation data in OnlineMaps regardless of the source?

Re: ArcGIS Elevations

Hello.

The problem is that now ArcGIS elevation services returns data in LERC format, which does not have a dotNET decoder.
It has C++ library, but I can't use it because it would create problems for the stated platforms (at least for WebGL).
So support for ArcGIS Elevation has been removed.
The class is still there for compatibility, but it won't work, which is what the warning was about.
If anyone ever makes a dotNET decoder for LERC, I'll consider adding ArcGIS elevation again.
And maybe in the future I will implement support for ArcGIS elevations as a free standalone plugin for Online Maps with a limited set of platforms.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi Alex.

Just looking at the LERC Github page

ESRI wrote:

This repository contains a C++ library for both encoding and decoding images. You can also do this directly from Python. And we have decoders for JavaScript and C#.

It looks like it does support .NET.

Additionally, as a workaround, is it possible to mix a base map (from ArcGIS) and elevation data from another map provider (e.g. Bing?)

This contains C++ sources and DLLs.
I can't use it because it won't work on the platforms I stated.

You can use tiles and services in any combination, so your workaround is already there.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks Alex.

I was just about to update my original post as I noticed that (as you stated) their .NET support is indeed just a wrapper class for their C++ DLLs.