Topic: Looking for some help

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone with some GIS and/or programming expertise could maybe help me out with a challenge I set myself, and which I feel should be almost trivial to solve but I simply lack the needed knowledge.

First of, I already am a satisfied customer and the tool works as I had expected, but I am hoping that some slight help could elevate my products from 'acceptable' to 'incredible'.

The case is as follows, I am a civil (railway) engineer in the Netherlands, and I use unity (self taught) to visualize construction workflows for clients and (potential) customers. I use Real World Terrain as a tool to provide the 'background' environment of the construction workflow. The (Bing) satelite images are acceptable for this purpose, however, our local rail network operator ProRail has a public (esri/arcgis) based portal with extremely high resolution aerial photopgraphy of all the railway track in the Netherlands:

general web interface for the ProRail system:
https://maps.prorail.nl/portal/apps/web … 06e4929afe

details of the photography layer
luchtfoto.prorail.nl/erdas-iws/esri/Luchtfoto/rest/services/meest_recent/MapServer/0

for reference, the world imagery data for the integrated arcgis service:
server.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/World_Imagery/MapServer/0

If I could only change from using the Bing satelite images to these aerial photographs that would improve the fidelity of my product tremendously.

I have tried, and failed, for a full day to adapt the integrated Arcgis Esri texture provider code to work with the ProRail one.
To me it seems it should not be too difficult, as the ProRail is operated by the Esri service as well and swapping out the arcgis service url for the prorail one alone should almost do it.

However, as I have only a very basic understanding of both GIS systems and C# programming I may not quite be equiped to tackling the task at hand (or severely underestimate it due to my lack of expertise in the field)  and would like to ask for some help.

Is there something I am missing which means that the ProRail data is incompatible with the existing scripts? Perhaps different reference systems, or a different colour format between the two services?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you could offer me,
Kind regards
Thomas Arts

Re: Looking for some help

Hello.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to use this service as a tile source.
Real World Terrain can use raster tiles in WGS-84 Web Mercator (EPSG:3857) projection, and this service uses EPSG:28992 projection.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Re: Looking for some help

I feared something like that might've been the case. Thank you very much for checking and your reply regardless!