Topic: UEE breaks Pixelcrushers' Dialogue System

Hi!

We are experiencing strange behaviour when we add UEE and the Dialogue System by Pixelcrushers to the same project (https://www.pixelcrushers.com/dialogue-system/).

In the Windows version: After adding UEE the hierarchical view of the conversations in the dialogue editor doesn't work anymore.
On Mac there are additional problems: Most of the drop-down-fields in the Dialog System don't work anymore. They don't drop down when you click on them.

Is there any possible solution to this? We need the Dialogue System and we really want to use UEE too.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Michael

Re: UEE breaks Pixelcrushers' Dialogue System

Hello.

Unfortunately I don't have the Pixelcrushers' Dialogue System asset to test this.
If you can email me this asset (support@infinity-code.com) and give me step by step instructions on what to do to reproduce the problem, I will try to fix it and include this fix in the next version of the asset (which is scheduled for this week).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by MerlinnSound 2022-07-20 08:57:23)

Hi!

I just asked in the Pixelcrushers forum, if I can send you the asset. Maybe someone over there will also get in touch with you.

The steps that lead to the problem are: Open a new project in Unity. Add the Dialog System. Add the UEE package.
Before adding UEE the dropdown menus work, after adding they don't work anymore (at least most of them).

After some testing I also found out, that UEE breaks the "Tag" and "Layer" dropdown menus. I created a new project and added an Empty GameObject. After I add UEE the menus don't open anymore. They only get a blue border. In this case I didn't add the Dialogue System.

I'm on a Mac. On Windows the problem does not occur.

Try the following:
Edit / Project Settings / Ultimate Editor Enhancer / Unsafe / Search In Enum Fields - OFF.
You may need to restart the editor, but this will most likely fix the problem immediately.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Problem solved!

Thank you so much!

Michael

Thank you!

I use a Linux editor (Unity 2020.3.37f1 for this project) and had the same issue with tag and label dropdowns.  Changing the project setting above also fixed it for me.  I will be able to continue using UEE in this project.

You might want to move this thread up to your help section.  I found it by accident.
-Charlie