Topic: Rotating 3d marker arounf vertical axis

Hi

I would like to rotate a 3d marker around its vertical axis, as soon as a player moves into a certain range of the marker.

I managed to rotate it using the rotation proprty of the instance of the marker, but half of the marker hides behind the map when rotating. So I tried to move the marker to the front by changing the position property of its instance, but this does not change anything.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Many thanks.

Re: Rotating 3d marker arounf vertical axis

Hello.

You need to wrap your marker in a new empty GameObject, set the pivot at the bottom of the marker, create a new prefab from the outer GameObject, and use that for the marker.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Many thanks for your answer.

I tried that, but it's still the same. Half of the marker hides behind the map and changing the position property of the transform component of the gameObject does not change its position in the game.

I did not set the pivot, because I did't know how to do it, maybe this is the reason, why the problem still persists?

Many thanks.

Here's a video. I hope this helps you understand what you need to do.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6cakff3dqv5w … r.mp4?dl=0

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Works like a charm!

I had to add another child game object and make the prefab a child of this one. Then I had to rotate the child game object, instead of the marker itself to have it rotate around its own axis, otherwise it rotates around the axis of the marker.

Many thanks for your help!