Topic: Import for GmapCatcher is not working

Hi,

How can I import full map of some region at various zoom levels along with their elevation data?

I have exported the pngs in a folder from GMapCatcher application by selecting "OSM" in files option.
Then tried importing the pngs in unity from  "Import for GmapCatcher" button but nothing seems to be happening.
Please help me with the exact steps that need to be followed for caching the elevated map for some region.

Re: Import for GmapCatcher is not working

Hello.

Just tried exporting an area with GMapCatcher and it didn't download what I asked for.
Looks like this app is broken.
Unfortunately, I can't affect this because it's a third party application.

You can still download the area this way:
https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtop … 4612#p4612

Or I have another custom script for downloading areas.
I don't want to post it on the forum, so if you need it you can request it via email or discord.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi,

Thanks for helping!

I followed https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtop … 4612#p4612 and able to download some pngs.
But, what I want is to cache some region with elevation and show it on the map in game view in offline mode.

The script from the link above downloads all the tiles in the area for the specified zoom range, and stores it in Application.persistentDataPath.
When the download is complete, you can remove the script and copy tiles from persistentDataPath to Resources or Streaming Assets.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

ok, let me try this.

Also, does it stores the elevation data for that area? I want the elevation data too for that area.

Also, how does the another custom script is different from this script for which I need to email?

No, this does not download elevations.

The main difference is that this is a runtime script and the other script is an editor window.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

ok.
So, Is there a way to cache map with elevation and other data for a defined region with various zoom levels?

Out of the box, no. You will need to make your own tool for this.
Or you can use some offline elevation data (like SRTM) and pass it to the map using API.
https://infinity-code.com/atlas/online- … ample.html

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Could you please help me with the API functions and classes that need to be used and how to use them with the "TileDownloader" script in this link https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtop … 4612#p4612 in order to download the area along with elevation data.
I need to cache the map for a region along with their elevation details. I am getting the map data from  "TileDownloader" script for a region but to add elevation data too for that region what API methods and classes do I need to use and how to use them?
Could please help me in customizing this script feature?

The name of TileDownloader indicates what it does.
It downloads tiles. And it's not designed to download elevations.
Theoretically, if you have programming experience, you can modify it to download elevations for tiled elevation managers (Mapbox and BingMapsTiled). It is not difficult and you can look at the access points in the corresponding scripts (elevation managers).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

MapBox Elevation Tiles are great and reliable source.
It would be great to modify TileDownloader to include also elevation tiles from MapBox.
Can you guide us on how to do this properly in the tiledownloader script?
thanks a lot

Actually pretty easy.
The script is attached.
I haven't tested this, but it should work well because it has minimal changes from the original script.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon MapboxElevationDownloader.cs 8.9 kb, 85 downloads since 2022-05-18 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Wow! Thank you Alex!
That's great!