Topic: Paint over an area on the Terrain

Hi there.

First time using Unity here and RealWorld Terrain.
I have added a 4x4km map that I wanted to display.

I have a small open area on the map without any buildings, and this area I wanted to "paint". Like it should be visible that THIS area is custom and where the focus is gonna be.
Is there some addons or something in Unity or RealWorld Terrain that

Adding an image to show the free area that I wanted to have in focus and that should be "sticking out" a little.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Area.png 479.56 kb, 57 downloads since 2022-02-23 

Re: Paint over an area on the Terrain

Hello.

Please tell me in detail what you mean by "paint".

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Let's say I want to make that area Green so simulate grass. This should be used to visualize new construction of appartments and then it needs to look more "green" so that I can place the assets needed in that area to get the feel of how it will look without the Satelite terrain showing under it.

I understand correctly that you want to edit the satellite image so that it looks like there is nothing there, just a meadow, right?!
The easiest way to do this is to open the texture in an advanced graphics editor (like photoshop or gimp), and paint over the desired area using Clone Stamp tool, Healing Brush tool, etc.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Ahh okey.
Thank you Alex Vertax. So I just export out the map that I have, change it in Photoshop and then Import if back in?

You don't need to export anything.
A texture is a raster image (png or jpg) that is located in the RWT_Result folder. You just open, edit, save it and it will automatically update on a terrain.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Ahh okey. Thank you. I will give that a go