Topic: Map zoom gesture mid point subjected to IsCursorOnUIElement check

Hello

Using version 3.7.11.1

Zoom gesture is performing a IsCursorOnUIElement check on the mid point of the two touch events, this has the effect that if you are zooming the map and GUI elements are in the middle of your input touches, the zoom gesture cannot start.

The check is approximately line 1008 in the script OnlineMapsControlBase.cs.

In previous versions this check is not performed, we have observed that this behaviour prevents a user from zooming in on a Gui element on the map, as it generally sits in the center of their zoom gesture.

Best regards

Steve

Re: Map zoom gesture mid point subjected to IsCursorOnUIElement check

Hello.

Thanks for the bug report.
This is a planned behavior, not a bug.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hello

This new behaviour may be by design, but if has adversely effected our map usage due to our custom map marker implementation, do you have any suggestions on how we can exclude our custom UI canvas elements from this specific check?

I see.
I added API so you can affect this.
Now you can implement your own validation by name, tag, layer, component, etc.
Send me an email (support@infinity-code.com) and I will send you the modified script.
Example:

// True - UI element, False - otherwise
OnlineMapsControlBase.instance.OnValidateCursorOnUIElement += go => go.tag != "Map";
Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

I need that script also to be able to execute my project correctly...