1 (edited by jason.odom 2021-11-17 00:54:31)

Topic: Mapbox Classic update issues...

So we have had an app using OnlineMaps out in the wild for a while. We had stopped development on it for over close to two years while we focused on our other software platform.

So for a few months I have been working on updating a number of features and fixing some issues.

I say that to say, the version of Onlinemaps that we are using is 2.5.7.1. and it has still worked fine for our needs so we did not intend on updating. Though we did rebuy the license for it, just in case we needed it.

Our issue is that Mapbox classic, aside from Satellite are returning the 410 Gone error.  Reading up, apparently Mapbox changed their system and deprecated the old style system.

My question is this, when pulling the newest version of OnlineMaps and looking through the code for Providers it does not appear that the Mapbox Classic section has changed its url reference etc, I had planned on just updating to whatever the new Provider listing was and that does not appear to have changed. What am I missing here? Is there a way to still access those styles?

Also, if we did decide to update from 2.5.7.1 to the current version, it is notably pretty different and I wonder if you have any kind of update guide?

Much thanks,

Re: Mapbox Classic update issues...

Hello.

Mapbox Classic is deprecated and disabled.
Unfortunately, you have no way to fix or work around this.
Only use Mapbox instead of Mapbox Classic.

Online Maps v3 has a lot of changes in API required for the further development and support of asset.
Before importing Online Maps v3, be sure to remove Online Maps v1.x or v2.x.
Import Online Maps v3.5 (deprecated APIs has been removed in Online Maps v3.6).
You can request Online Maps v3.5 from support (support@infinity-code.com) indicating that you want to receive Online
Maps v3.5 and your invoice number or order number.
After importing, you are likely to get several «Obsolete warnings».
Do not be scared. We are very careful about changes to API, and your project will work correctly.
Follow the warning messages to update your scripts that use Online Maps API.
Then import the latest version of Online Maps over Online Maps v3.5.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.