Topic: Can't download buildings data from OSM Overpass Server

Hi Alex!
I Can't download buildings data from OSM Overpass Server sad

When i try to generate my Buildings i get this error:

Download failed: https://z.overpass-api.de/api/interpret … skel+qt%3b
Unknown Error
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Net.RealWorldTerrainDownloadItemUnityWebRequest:CheckComplete() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Net/RealWorldTerrainDownloadItemUnityWebRequest.cs:42)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Net.RealWorldTerrainDownloadManager:CheckComplete() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Net/RealWorldTerrainDownloadManager.cs:61)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Phases.RealWorldTerrainDownloadingPhase:Enter() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Phases/RealWorldTerrainDownloadingPhase.cs:19)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Windows.RealWorldTerrainWindow:Update() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Windows/RealWorldTerrainWindow.cs:390)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

I tryed to change all OSM Overpass Server in Tab Settings but this was useless (look screen)
This problem has been going on for several days.
Is there a solution? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Post's attachments

Attachment icon OSM SERVER.jpg 51.34 kb, 66 downloads since 2021-10-08 

Re: Can't download buildings data from OSM Overpass Server

Hello.

Please attach a screenshot of Real World Terrain window.
I will check your area.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Ok, thanks.
Here the TAB for create Buildings

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Buildings.jpg 151.48 kb, 71 downloads since 2021-10-08 

Here the coordinates

Post's attachments

Attachment icon CAGLIARI_COORDIANTE.jpg 380.05 kb, 69 downloads since 2021-10-08 

Have you tried Download using a single request - OFF?
Are you generating buildings for the entire area or for each terrain separately?

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

I had no problem generating the entire terrain.
The error comes out only when I try to generate the buildings.
I tried both to generate them for every single tile and to create a smaller portion of terrain to decrease the number of requests.
I also tried to generate them in another area (but always in Italy)
I tryed using a single request too

I checked your area.
It contains over 100k buildings, which is too many for OSM and this service sometimes returns errors of requests.
Also, this is too much for Unity Editor, and selecting only part of the buildings (about 20k) freeze my editor.

Unfortunately, I cannot affect OSM Overpass servers, and do something here.

What can I do so that you can generate all the buildings for your area:
Add the ability to generate buildings from OSM or Mapbox vector tiles.
The data in vector tiles is also far from ideal, and has its own problems, but at least it will allow you to generate the entire area.
But this does not solve the problem that there are too many buildings for the editor.
To work around this problem, I can implement a runtime building generation.
But in this case, you will not be able to see buildings in edit mode.

What do you think about this?

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Damn!
However I tried to do a test with a really small area ... and nothing the server always gives the same error.
I have been using your plugin almost every day for years and in this respect it had never given me any problems.
I also tried downloading the previous versions, I thought it might be a problem found only in the latest release ... but nothing.
Attached you can find the image of my test and the coordinates.

Compared to your proposals, the second one is unfortunately not useful to me because I need to delete, select and export the buildings that are generated by your plugin to asset bundle. sad
Instead the first solution I admit that I have not understood the difference with respect to the buildings that are generated at the moment.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Bastia_TEST.jpg 637.43 kb, 69 downloads since 2021-10-11 

I checked your small area and it generated correctly.
A screenshot is attached.

Unfortunately, I don't know why OSM Overpass servers are returning an error for you.
As I wrote above, I have no way to affect the servers of third-party services.
I can only add some other service that also contains information about buildings.
The first candidate for this is buildings from vector tiles.
Globally, nothing will change for you, and you just select the data source that you need.
The disadvantage of buildings from vector tiles is the fact that if a building is on a tile border, it will be split into multiple buildings.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon img1.png 656.32 kb, 64 downloads since 2021-10-11 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Having seen your screen I did another test and ... using the Unity 2020.3 version the buildings are generated correctly.
Do you have any ideas about this news?

As for the vector tiles it could be an alternative system but I don't know at this point if it works on the 2018.3.9 version I'm using

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Bastia_2020.jpg 333.47 kb, 68 downloads since 2021-10-12 

I managed to export the terrain generated in the 2018 version (I had delve and edited it) and subsequently imported it in the 2020 version.
Unfortunately, having used the RTP asset (at least I think that is the problem) I cannot see the material correctly and it is white.
I only regenerated the buildings of one tile and it works.
I deduce that the problem is really related to the Unity version sad

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Testo_2020.jpg 311.61 kb, 66 downloads since 2021-10-12 

It is quite possible that the problem is in the Unity version, because RWT supports Unity 2018.4 or newer.
This is an official Asset Store requirement.
In 2021, the assets in the store should have a minimum version of 2018.4.
In 2022 - 2019.4, etc.
I think there is no reason to explain why they made such a requirement.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

13 (edited by Loryer 2021-10-13 06:22:04)

:-(
Ok, thanks Alex