Topic: Distance Tool - restricted to UI area?

Hi,

Just started using the Distance Tool during play mode and it seems the option to use the last point as the cursor in the scene view is restricted to my UI canvas?

See the attached screenshot.

If the mouse moves around in the upper right quadrant of the area (ie anywhere up and to the right of the world origin (0,0) the distance is shown.

However if I move the cursor in any of the other three quadrants the distance tool won't update (it gets stuck at whatever point I crossed the canvas boundary at.

Is there something I need to change to allow it to work anywhere in the scene?

Worth noting that I use multiple scenes via additive loading, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Clipboard Image.png 41.58 kb, 67 downloads since 2021-09-18 

Re: Distance Tool - restricted to UI area?

Hello.

Thank you very much for the bug report.
The problem is fixed + I have improved the tool a lot in other use cases.
Unfortunately, I cannot post the patch here because it is for PRO version of the asset.
If you would like to receive the patch, please email me (support@infinity-code.com) and I will send it to you.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

That's awesome, thanks Alex!

I'm not in any rush for the patch, but presumably it'll be a included in a release on the asset store in the near future?

Yes, it will be included in the next release (scheduled for late September or early October).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.