Topic: ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.

Hello, The tool is just great, it makes work extremely easy. But now I get the following message every second.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
System.String.Substring (System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 length) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
InfinityCode.uContext.Tools.HierarchyHeader.OnHierarchyItem (InfinityCode.uContext.HierarchyItem item) (at Assets/Plugins/Infinity Code/uContext/Scripts/Editor/Tools/HierarchyHeader.cs:121)
InfinityCode.uContext.HierarchyItemDrawer.OnHierarchyItemGUI (System.Int32 id, UnityEngine.Rect rect) (at Assets/Plugins/Infinity Code/uContext/Scripts/Editor/Managers/HierarchyItemDrawer.cs:53)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
InfinityCode.uContext.Log:Add(Exception) (at Assets/Plugins/Infinity Code/uContext/Scripts/Editor/Core/Log.cs:13)
InfinityCode.uContext.HierarchyItemDrawer:OnHierarchyItemGUI(Int32, Rect) (at Assets/Plugins/Infinity Code/uContext/Scripts/Editor/Managers/HierarchyItemDrawer.cs:57)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

after about 5 minutes I'm already at over 400,000 messages.
unfortunately I don't know how to fix it.
Since at some point my system is slowed down by it, it happens now and then that my system then freezes for 1-2 seconds.
I am using Unity 2020.3.10f1

Re: ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.

Hello.

Thank you for the bug report.
The patch is attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon uContext v2.6 - Hierarchy Header Fix 2.unitypackage 1.49 kb, 98 downloads since 2021-07-06 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thank you that was quick. It worked out great.

4 (edited by anoainteractive 2021-08-02 11:39:56)

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hello.

Thank you for the bug report.
The patch is attached.

Hello the path doesn't fix my problem. The error still appear when I tried to used the duplicate tools. And the duplicate and snapping  also didn't work

[Update]
The error only appears when snapping is turn off. Is it a bug?

Hello.
This patch is for uContext v2.6.
The current version of uContext is 2.7.
Try updating the asset using the Asset Store or the built-in update system (if you are using PRO).
If the problem persists, please tell me more about this problem, and if you have any exceptions in the console, please send a stack trace.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.