1 (edited by Min 2021-06-07 22:59:18)

Topic: 8K video lagging

Hi! I'm so glad to be here again to ask about your asset.
The problem is all about the video player. I put a 8K video(7680*3840 and about 180MB) and, it works but it has sort of lagging.
I already searched about this problem and someone let me know this page(https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/hardware-accelerated-video-decode-in-unity.html).
But I think your asset may apply different way of render, So please tell me the best way to play 8K video without any lagging.
Thank you so much!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 스크린샷 2021-06-08 오전 7.40.48.png 278.12 kb, 71 downloads since 2021-06-08 

Re: 8K video lagging

Hello.

The problem here is that Unity is not optimized for displaying 8K video, and you only have one way is change the display method.
You can try the way at your link, or try using AVPro Video.
Some people recommend this asset for displaying 8K video, but I do not have this asset and have not tested it.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks your reply. so I change render texture's option from 8K to 4K but, I still suffer from same problem. Lagging with video isn't going better. Can you give me some advice about video player?

Have you downsized Render Texture but your video is still 8K, or did you downsize it too?

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

I just downsized Render Texture because resizing my video for 4K is taking a long time.

The problem is not with the Render Texture.
The problem is that your video is too high resolution, and your hardware does not have enough performance to play this video in Unity.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

7 (edited by Min 2021-06-08 00:59:35)

Got it. Then, if my hardware have enough performance and I downsize Render texture to 4K, there is no lagging. Also 8k video could still have same kind of problem because of Unity System, right?

Yes, as far as I understood from digging into the Internet, the problem is in Unity.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your asset that is perfect for me. Have a nice day!