Topic: Google Maps API was working and now I get Request Denied

Hello

I just started using Online Maps and am not a very experienced developer although I have used Unity for many years.

I'm using 'Find Places Text' in Playmaker - I put in a location name and everything was working fine - then just stopped all of the sudden.

I tried regenerating my key and made sure Geolocation and Geocode apis are enabled.

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<PlaceSearchResponse>
<status>REQUEST_DENIED</status>
<error_message>This IP, site or mobile application is not authorized to use this API key. Request received from IP address , with empty referer</error_message>
</PlaceSearchResponse>"

Appreciate any advice you may have, thanks.

Re: Google Maps API was working and now I get Request Denied

Also getting this when I don't set any app or api restrictions.

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<PlaceSearchResponse>
<status>REQUEST_DENIED</status>
<error_message>This API project is not authorized to use this API. Please ensure this API is activated in the Google Developers Console: https://console.developers.google.com/a … essage>
</PlaceSearchResponse>"

Hello.

Find Places Text requires the enabled Places API for Web.
Please make sure that you enable this API.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi, I'm having a similar issue, where my API key works on the webpage, but in Unity I'm getting REQUEST_DENIED. Maybe I'm putting the wrong information in the Key Manager? Can I have a better description of those fields? I'm not sure what goes where so I just put the API key in "Google Maps" and "Here API Key". I then added the key to the "FindAutoCompleteExample" and "FindPlacesExample", but still the same issue.

What should I try next?

Thank you in advance,

Robert

Hello.

If your key works on a webpage, check two things:
1. That your key has no application restrictions.
2. That your key does not have spaces or non-displayable characters at the beginning or end of the key.

You must enter the key in Google Maps field.
HERE is another service that has this name (here.com).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

6 (edited by smokinpuppy 2021-05-16 01:19:38)

Thanks for getting back to me. I guess there was an issue because I had the key in more than one place.

Thank you.

Add Log component, enable Show Requests, find and copy the url of the request to Google API, and try to open it in the browser.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.