Topic: How to Set Height and Width

Is there a way to set the height and width in Metres?

I want to create terrain tiles 512x512. To achieve this, I would like to be able to set the X and Z dimensions to capture from the world. But there is only an option to enter latitude and longtitude, which then needs to be converted.

Is there a way to set the area in metres?

Re: How to Set Height and Width

Hello.

Switch to area input in UTM mode.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal … ate_system

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by zaddo 2021-04-25 01:39:35)

Thanks Alex. That worked smile

I would like to make a suggestion.  The resulting terrain does not exactly match the sizes entered.  If I did one tile over a 12km^2 area, the terrain dimensions varied up to 80 metres.

To create tiles that were exactly 512x512 for this large area, I had to adjust the co-ordinates, and build several times, until the resulting tiles were the correct size.

I don't know how the underlying mechanics work. But it might help others if it were possible to set the tile size that you want to generate.

This only became an issue for me because I started using "Path Painter II" from the asset store.  Apparently having rectangular terrain tiles is not efficient, because unity always creates a square terrain tile and then squishes it to create the rectangular size.  Path Painter II forces you to have square tiles.  I have copied a link that explains this below:
https://3dhaven.freshdesk.com/support/s … -terrains-

I think you are looking for Terrains / Size Type - Fixed Size.
In this mode, you can specify the size of the resulting terrains.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

That is perfect. Thanks Again smile