Topic: Feature Questions...

Hello there!  I had a few questions that I didn't see fully answered in the asset store or in the explanation.

1. Does this plugin allow for an overlay over the map?  We are going to be creating our own map for use in our app.
2. Does this plugin allow for the new UI buttons/3D objects to be placed at gps coordinates?
3. Does this plugin allow for navigation waypoints?  If a person clicks on a gps marker button and wants to be guided there, will this plugin handle that?

Thanks.  Looks like a really useful plugin.

Re: Feature Questions...

Hello.

1. Yes, using Online Maps API. Example of overlay «Examples (API Usage) / TilesetOverlayExample.cs». We also have an example for «MapTiler overlay». It is not in a package. You can ask here or in support, and we'll give you this example.

2. 3D GameObject - yes. This built-in feature for 3D controls.
uGUI Objects - using Online Maps API. It's easy. If need, we can give you an example.

3. Online Maps supports Google Direction API and Open Route Service.
For realization of what you ask, you need to use Online Maps API.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

1. Yes, using Online Maps API. Example of overlay «Examples (API Usage) / TilesetOverlayExample.cs». We also have an example for «MapTiler overlay». It is not in a package. You can ask here or in support, and we'll give you this example.

Great.  So I can use my own map overlay and use the TilesetOverlayExample.cs script included in the package to implement it?

Alex Vertax wrote:

2. 3D GameObject - yes. This built-in feature for 3D controls.
uGUI Objects - using Online Maps API. It's easy. If need, we can give you an example.

So this will allow me to place 3D objects or UI objects in the scene at specific GPS locations, and they will be interactive by the user?

Alex Vertax wrote:

3. Online Maps supports Google Direction API and Open Route Service.
For realization of what you ask, you need to use Online Maps API.

Does this mean that I will have to use Google Direction API in addition to this plugin?

Thanks for the help.

TilesetOverlayExample - it's just an example of how you can make overlay. You will need to create your own script, with the overlay, that you want.

Yes, you can place 3D objects into the GPS location.
You need to make for this objects some behavior that it will be interactive.

If this means that you will need to make requests to Google Direction API - no, you will use Online Maps API.
http://infinity-code.com/doxygen/online … ce4514aa98
Online Maps uses a lot of third-party services (Google API, Bing Maps API, Open Street Map Overpass API and others). Will you use it or not, it depends on your goals.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.