Topic: Directional Warping

Tutorial of how to make a directional warping transition using uPano.

Scripts and shaders in the package.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Re: Directional Warping

This looks great.
However, when using a non-zero North Pan, the warping exhibits two problems:
1) zooms in when it should zoom out and vice versa i.e. going forward makes it zoom out
2) the initial morphing frame is not the one pointing at the defined north pan value.  Resulting in a weird blend but thereafter the north pan direction is correct.

In summary the direction of the zoom and frames being used are incorrect when using non-zero north pan values. 

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

Hello.

Thanks for the bug report.
DirectionalWarpingTransition.cs in the first post has been updated.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks for the quick fix!
It has fixed 1) and now at least the zooms are transitioning correctly i.e. in/out and left/right.

However, 2) above still has an issue: the destination pano frame isn't correct when the source pano and dest pano differ in north pan values.

Example:
Pano 1: North Pan of 180 and Pan of -180
Pano 2: North Pan of 270 and Pan of -270

Transitioning from Pano 1 to Pano 2 has the correct zoom motion (in my case sideways), however the destination transition frame is Pano's 2 North Pan frame as if it were left at 0.  After the transition is done, Pano 2 is pointing in the correct direction.  This results in a "pop-up" of sorts. 

I think something is wrong with the start and end UVs being used for the morphing for panos that don't agree on the north-pan.

Please send textures with different north pan, I will check and fix it.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Sent you a PM.

Thanks for the textures.
DirectionalWarpingTransition.cs in the first post has been updated.
It now works correctly with north pan difference.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Yup that mostly fixed it.
One more thing smile
When going to a Pano that doesn't "copy pan tilt" AND both source & dest panoa have different North Pan, then the last issue still persists i.e. incorrect dest frame being used.

Directional Warping was not designed to be used without copy pan tilt.
It just doesn't make sense.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

True.
Ok, I'll change my settings so that it uses copy pan tilt. 
Otherwise, thanks for all the fixes, works great!

Hi, I'm trying to use this with OnlineMapsPanoConnector but can't get it to work. I am using google street view associated with OnlineMaps plugin and Upano Connector.
The idea is that when using the direction arrows within the street view, the new position is loaded with this effect and not as a new sphere as now.

I appreciate all the help.

Hello.
Unfortunately, in the current version, directional warping will not work for Street View.
Thanks for showing me this problem.
I will try to add directional warping for street view in the next version of the asset.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Are there any plans to support Street View for this great feature?
Or is it possible for me to make it work myself with a simple modification to the script?

This feature is already implemented in uPano v3.
See StreetViewDirectionalWarpingTransition.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Wow, I discovered it late last night! Thanks for your implementation, it works!

I do have one problem though.
I am building an app to view street view in VR.
When I use StreetViewDirectionalWarpingTransition, the rotation is compensated after the effect of the transition is displayed without taking into account the direction the viewer is currently facing. Can the current orientation be taken into account when performing a StreetViewDirDirectionalWarpingTransition?

I wanted to specify the HEADING when retrieving the panorama image, but looking at the DownloadByID, it doesn't look like that is possible.

I tried to quickly fix it, but unfortunately, so far without success.
I will try to return to this problem later.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hello!
Could you please tell me where I can see an example implementation of StreetViewDirectionalWarpingTransition?

See the first post.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

I'm interested in the ability to use directional arrows in street view. So that a new position is loaded with this effect, not as a new sphere as it is now. Has this feature been implemented?

Yes, this is implemented for Street View.
StreetViewDirectionalWarpingTransition comes with Google Street View Service (available via Extension Manager).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.