Topic: About elevations resolution

Hello
On this screen capture
PCompare
- On the left, the aspect that I get with OLMaps
- On the right, about the same location on Google Earth, which is much more accurate, the road doesn't climb on the cliff...
Same texture on both images, provided by Google Maps.
My Arcgis parameters are

PCompare

Changing the resolution (Min = 16 - Max = 100) doesn't change anything.
In the documentation the elevation seems to be managed by bing, but there is no such script ?
PCompare
Which is the better way to get the GoogleEarth (or even better) elevation accuracy ?
Geoportail has a good elevation accuracy too, but the 3D mode is very very slow... And I don't know how I can get the elevation data, maybe there is something to do ?

PCompare

Best regards.

Re: About elevations resolution

Hello.

Please show the coordinates of this place.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hello.

Please show the coordinates of this place.

Yes of course...

43.91045092495649, 3.7363208717925396

https://www.google.fr/maps/@43.9076434, … a=!3m1!1e3

I checked your place, and:
Different sources have different data quality for different locations.
This applies to tiles and elevation data.
In this particular case, ArcGIS has low quality elevation data for this location.
You or I cannot fix this.
Bing Maps has good data quality for this location, and you can use Bing Maps instead of ArcGIS.
Mapbox probably has good data quality too, but this service is temporarily unavailable right now and I cannot check it.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Bing Maps has good data quality for this location, and you can use Bing Maps instead of ArcGIS.
Mapbox probably has good data quality too, but this service is temporarily unavailable right now and I cannot check it.

Thanks but as I wrote in my 1st post, I don't see any script using Bing ?

PCompare

The only script with "Bing" is "BingMapsElavationExample" I added it but it seems it doesn't change anything?
Where is the OnlineMapsBingMapsElevationManager.cs script ?

Which script to use MapBox Elevations ?
Any way to get Geoportail elevation data ?

Best regards

In the latest versions of the Unity Editor, if a component has an item in the menu, then via Add Component this component will also have the same name as in the menu.
In some cases (like this one) this is quite inconvenient, but I don't know of a way to fix it.

These components are called:
Bing Maps - OnlineMapsBingMapsElevationManager.
Bing Maps Tiled - OnlineMapsBingMapsTiledElevationManager.
Mapbox - OnlineMapsMapboxElevationManager.

Or you can find these scripts in the project and just drag and drop onto the GameObject,

Geoportail elevation data can only be used through Online Maps API.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.