Topic: How to use Timed Gaze?

The GazeCircle prefab doesn't have any behavior on it, so I added TimedGaze to the uPano Tour object in the hierarchy. I was able to drag the objects into the GazeCircle and Front Circle Image correctly, but I don't know what's supposed to go in the DisableComponent or DisableGameObject fields. Additionally, the circle doesn't appear or is positioned weirdly.

It seems like the TimedGaze component is expecting a very specific configuration for the GazeCircle object and I don't know what it's supposed to be. I tried putting the GazeCircle under a World Space canvas which seemed to almost work, but the circle laying on its side instead and the sizing was all off.

How exactly am I supposed to use TimedGaze? Where is the component supposed to go, and what is the GazeCircle object supposed to be set up as? Thank you for your help, really digging the asset otherwise.

Re: How to use Timed Gaze?

Hello.

Yes, Timed Gaze requires specific settings because it was designed for VR.
The easiest way to set up Timed Gaze correctly is to select Tour / Preset - Google VR.

DisableComponent and DisableGameObject fields are needed to temporarily disable a component or GameObject that blocks or duplicates the Timed Gaze.
For Google VR, this is the GvrReticlePointer component.

Due to the specifics of VR, Timed Gaze is positioned not under the cursor, but in the center of the screen.

Here's a short video on how to use Timed Gaze from scratch:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/upjr5x4q17pob … 2.mp4?dl=0

If you need any other behavior from Timed Gaze, please explain it to me in detail, and it is quite possible that I will implement it.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Re: How to use Timed Gaze?

Thank you!