1 (edited by wallen326 2020-09-23 03:34:39)

Topic: globe mode

like google earth

Post's attachments

Attachment icon globle.jpeg 76.48 kb, 165 downloads since 2020-09-23 

Re: globe mode

Hello.

Globe mode is in the plans, and most likely will be implemented in Online Maps v3.8.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Nice.  But when will it be released ?

Unfortunately, I have no answer to this question.
Hopefully this year.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Looks like it's been a few months since this globe support was last mentioned. Very interested in the feature. Any update on potential globe support or v3.8?

Unfortunately, there is no news.
This is still in the plans, but work on this feature has not yet begun.
Please do not take any mention of my plans as a promise.
Right now I am busy with other projects, and I do not know when this feature will be implemented and whether it will be implemented at all.
There may be technical problems or I will not be satisfied with the result.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Sorry to pester, but it's been a few months so thought I'd check in. Any update on potential globe support? Thanks!

Unfortunately, this feature will not be implemented in Online Maps.

Why and a small spoiler:
Online Maps has come a very long way from Unity v3.x to Unity 2021 (about 8 years).
It's time to put him to rest and create something new and modern.
We are already working on a new mapping asset that will be designed to the highest development standards and take advantage of the new features that Unity has.
Please don't take this as an announcement.
Development is at a fairly early stage and does not yet have a release date.
All current Online Maps users will receive a free or cheap upgrade to the new asset.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thanks for the response and information! Unfortunate to hear for the short-term, but exciting for the long-term. Thanks again.