1 (edited by bjorn 2020-10-05 09:00:54)

Topic: Which Satellite Maps is free for commercial use?

I'm using RealWorld Terrain Plugin for Unity.
I would like to use terrain textures as background for my commercial APP (Android+iOS) - I'm wondering if there is a free source which I can use? What is your experience / any recommendations?

openstreetmaps is great for maps - but in my case I want to use satellite images.

is BING MAP possible? I'm a little bit overwhelmed by the amount of legal documents - maybe someone can point me in the right direction where to go?

many thanks!
Bjorn

(by the way: great unity plugin you have created!)

Re: Which Satellite Maps is free for commercial use?

Hello.

Sorry for the delay in answering.
My main PC is under repair and I just bought another PC.

For example ArcGIS, Sentinel-2, DigitalGlobe and HERE satellite imagery 100% you can use for commercial applications.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks for your reply and hints.

Which server from Sentinel-2 is exactly used in "Real World Terrain"? Because a couple of sources seem to provide data from Sentinel-2:

Sentinel-2 from USGS seems to be fee
https://www.usgs.gov/centers/eros/scien … er_objects
while from Sentinel-2 cloudless 2018 – EOX is not free for commercial.

what I found about ArcGIS - that's only free for non-commercial
for HERE maps I could not find any further information about free commercial access too
developer.here.com

DigitalGlobe - now MAXAR - seems also not to be free...
digitalglobe.com

so it seems Sentinel-2 seems to be the only really free for choice for commercial use ...
or do you have any further details?

many thanks!

Used by sentinel-hub.com.

Please keep in mind one important thing:
Non commercial use, in this case, applies to data (tiles) obtained from these services.
You are not using these tiles. You are using an image generated by RWT from these tiles.
The license agreements of these services do not prohibit (and in some cases directly permit) the creation of derivative images.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Oh - that is a game changer smile
many thanks for your help!