Topic: Georeference

Hello,

few questions:

1. Is it possible to apply CTS2019 texture to an imported SRTM real-world-terrain ?

2. After applying the texture (1), is it possible to geo-reference points on this terrain with LAT/LON coordinates?

3. I'm expecting the terrain to be a big one with numerous assets on it - how would you recommend dividing and streaming it ? (SECTR? World Streamer?)

Thank you!

Re: Georeference

Hello.

1. When I last tested RWT + CTS it worked correctly for one terrain, but had problems displaying multiple terrains. CTS has a bug with displaying the global texture for more than one terrain.

2. http: //infinity-code.com/doxygen/real-world-terrain/classInfinityCode_1_1RealWorldTerrain_1_1RealWorldTerrainContainer.html#a1d8eb30e031fed3263c9904155c59f18
http://infinity-code.com/doxygen/real-w … eebc41bec5

3. You can make one big terrain.
I don't have SECTR and haven't tested this, but I will definitely do it in the future. Thank you for showing me this asset.
RWT has integration with World Streamer.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks Alex,

I don't have the experience yet - what might be the need for multiple terrains if I can create a big one (with a correct application of the global texture) and stream it with one of the solutions in (3) ?

Hi,

I'm trying to apply CTS to a unity terrain in RWT.

How would you produce all the materials ? right now i have the sattelite texture for the whole terrain.

Is there some thread dealing with this ?

thanks.

Unfortunately I didn't understand your question.
If you need one terrain, create one (Count terrains - 1x1).
If you need multiple terrains, specify the desired value (Count terrains - NxM), and RWT will create a seamless grid of terrains.
World Streamer can work with grid of terrains.
Whether you need to generate one or multiple terrains depends only on your purposes and needs.
Each way is good when used correctly.

Again, I didn't understand your question.
RWT does not generate materials, but Terrain Layers (Splat Prototypes).
What are Terrain Layers and how to use it:
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-TerrainLayer.html

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Your single/multiple terrain answer is very clear, thanks.

regarding the materials, I saw this section regarding splat-prototypes in RWT documentation but didn't get it... Do you have some other tutorial explaining how to produce the materials from the texture? (if i understand what it does...)

To clarify my question about the materials - i'm looking for the fastest way to produce more detailed individual materials for the RWT terrain - So that the terrain will be more  presentable from closer distance as well (due to the limitation of the sattelite based textures).
Does the GAIA stamp workflow enable that ? some other way?

thanks again.

When generating Gaia Stamps, RWT does not generate textures. Only the stamp itself.
Then, you generate Terrain Layers with Gaia, but that will be far from reality.
You can also generate Terrain Layers for existing Terrains using the World Creator.

Relief Terrain Pack (RTP) can improve close view when using satellite imagery.
Or you can generate Terrains Layers based on vector tiles.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Ok, i see there is this Global color maps in RTP but i can't find any info regarding it's use with a sattelite texture.

Do you have any experience with it?

thanks.

Enable RTP integration in RWT settings, generate new terrains and RWT will automatically apply RTP settings for them.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

wow, it's there. thanks.

It would be really helpful to get some more info on this process, the textures do look sharper from distance - but still blurry from up-close.

mardulis wrote:

wow, it's there. thanks.

It would be really helpful to get some more info on this process, the textures do look sharper from distance - but still blurry from up-close.

To be more specific - How is it possible to produce 8 layers (instead of the current 4) so that part of them will be available for painting textures (currently there are 4 b/w textures just for the noise functionality in RTP)

thank you.

Unfortunately, I have no such knowledge about RTP.
Please see this in the RTP documentation.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Thank you

14 (edited by mardulis 2020-07-27 14:49:32)

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hi

I tried to get some more info from RTP source, no luck there.

I have another question, hope you can help me out :

When RTP adds the 4 colormaps to the RWT terrain, those colormaps are gray (in the layers tab).

I see (the L shortcut) that the first colormap is the one applied to the whole terrain (a big terrain, 5*3). The other tree gray layers are not applied to any area of the terrain .

I've changed the first of those gray layers to the albedo map (colored) of the texture and the difference was significant ! The texture looks much better and detailed.

Is that some part of the process ? the gray slots should be changed to the colored albedo maps? or do i miss something and the textures should look much crispier and detailed with the gray slots as they are?

Could it be there was some change in the integration interface since last RTP and RWT update?

Thanks

Attached an image with the gray layers

Post's attachments

Attachment icon RWT_RTP.JPG 254.84 kb, 75 downloads since 2020-07-27 

These are textures that add relief to the terrain.
And, yes, they are grayscale.
You can use your own textures if you like.

RWT or RTP does not automatically blend these textures.
To paint 2-4 textures use Terrain / Paint Texture.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thank you,
works well