1 (edited by Kayumiy 2020-05-19 08:24:53)

Topic: Collection of png images

I have collection of images which are .png files.
Can Online Maps display and load this map data which is collection of images?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon c158b9bff9535142362d6d4492c7e0dec5b361cb.jpeg 185.54 kb, 102 downloads since 2020-05-19 

Re: Collection of png images

Hello.

Yes, Online Maps has many ways to use this, for example:
Copy your folders to "{PROJECT FOLDER} / Assets / Resources / OnlineMapsTiles", select Source - Resources, and set Resources Path - OnlineMapsTiles/{zoom}/{y}/{x}.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by Kayumiy 2020-05-20 02:56:45)

Hello, this is my folder which is "Base" for map data. Size of the "Base" folder is 111 GB. So I cannot put it to Resource folder in the Unity project.

There are several folders in "Base" folder.
According to the documentation, I am not sure my folder structure is proper for asset structure which is «[Resources or StreamingAssets] / OnlineMapsTiles / {ZOOM} / {TileX} / {TileY}.png».

Each folder has several zipped files. Each zipped file has several .png images. Please see the picture below post:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Annotation 2020-05-20 092324.jpg 199.2 kb, 60 downloads since 2020-05-20 

This is the internal view of the folder

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Annotation 2020-05-20 092623.jpg 53.55 kb, 69 downloads since 2020-05-20 

111 GB is too much to include in the project (it doesn't matter if Resources folder or StreamingAssets folder is used).
If you have such a large amount of data, you need to unzip it to have images (png or jpg), upload it to your own server, select Provider - Custom, and specify the url pattern for downloading tiles.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hello,
If I have a large image (eg 10.000 x 10.000pix) do you know if there would be a tool generate the tiles (in the needed resolutions) and put them in the  folders ?
Maybe I can do this with krpano or a software like that ? Did you already use KrPano Alex (https://krpano.com/home/) ?
Best regards

Hello.

If you need to split the image for Online Maps you can use MapTiler.
https://www.maptiler.com/
If you need to use a 10k image for panorama (because you referred to the panorama application), then you can display it in its entirety using Huge Texture asset.
https://infinity-code.com/assets/huge-texture

P.S. What is the point of asking your question in the thread of another user that relates to his specific problem?
Please create / use your own threads in order not to confuse me and other users.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

P.S. What is the point of asking your question in the thread of another user that relates to his specific problem?
Please create / use your own threads in order not to confuse me and other users.

Sorry about that, as the subject was "Collection of png images" I thought this question could be an interesting complement. I won't do it again, you can delete my post if you want.