Topic: Real World Terrain & Vegetation Studio Pro help

I've added Vegetation Studio Pro using the following instructions;
'Select «Window / Awesome Technologies / Add Vegetation Studio (Pro) to scene».
Select «Hierarchy / Vegetation Studio (Pro) / VegetationSystem (Pro)».
Select the Vegetation Package you want to use.
Add Vegetation Items (grass and trees).
For Vegetation Studio Pro: Vegetation System Pro / Edit Biomes / Vegetation Mask Rules - ON ***'

First off, I can't see anything called Edit Biomes / Vegetation Mask Rules. Can anyone confirm this setting, if so perhaps a screenshot please?

Then when I change RWT to use VegPro, and press start I just get a lot of;
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationStudio.VegetationStudioManager.Instance_RemoveVegetationMask (AwesomeTechnologies.BaseMaskArea maskArea) (at Assets/AwesomeTechnologies/VegetationStudioPro/Runtime/Manager/VegetationStudioManager_VegetationMasks.cs:57)
AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationStudio.VegetationStudioManager.RemoveVegetationMask (AwesomeTechnologies.BaseMaskArea maskArea) (at Assets/AwesomeTechnologies/VegetationStudioPro/Runtime/Manager/VegetationStudioManager_VegetationMasks.cs:20)
AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationMaskArea.UpdateVegetationMask () (at Assets/AwesomeTechnologies/VegetationStudioPro/Runtime/VegetationMasks/VegetationMaskArea.cs:79)
AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationMask.PositionNodes () (at Assets/AwesomeTechnologies/VegetationStudioPro/Runtime/VegetationMasks/VegetationMask.cs:172)
AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationMask.Update () (at Assets/AwesomeTechnologies/VegetationStudioPro/Runtime/VegetationMasks/VegetationMask.cs:113)

Any ideas cause this I'm not getting anywhere with these two products at the moment.

Unity 2019.2.13f1
[com.unity.burst@1.1.2]
[com.unity.collab-proxy@1.2.16]
[com.unity.collections@0.1.1-preview]
[com.unity.ext.nunit@1.0.0]
[com.unity.ide.rider@1.1.0]
[com.unity.ide.vscode@1.1.2]
[com.unity.jobs@0.1.1-preview]
[com.unity.mathematics@1.1.0]
[com.unity.postprocessing@2.1.7]
[com.unity.test-framework.performance@1.2.3-preview]
[com.unity.test-framework@1.0.13]
[com.unity.textmeshpro@2.0.1]

Re: Real World Terrain & Vegetation Studio Pro help

Hello.

Screenshot attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon img1.png 370.73 kb, 96 downloads since 2019-11-26 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks I'll try that ASAP

4 (edited by paulio 2019-11-28 10:57:53)

Thanks, I confused the Veg'Pro prefab drop container as having those prefabs. Once I'd added something the options sprung to life. Thanks very much the for screenshot. However...once I press start I get the texture from the app but I also get Veg'Pro errors;
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationStudio.VegetationStudioManager.Instance_RemoveVegetationMask (AwesomeTechnologies.BaseMaskArea maskArea) (at Assets/AwesomeTechnologies/VegetationStudioPro/Runtime/Manager/VegetationStudioManager_VegetationMasks.cs:57)
AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationStudio.VegetationStudioManager.RemoveVegetationMask (AwesomeTechnologies.BaseMaskArea maskArea) (at Assets/AwesomeTechnologies/VegetationStudioPro/Runtime/Manager/VegetationStudioManager_VegetationMasks.cs:20)
AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationMaskArea.UpdateVegetationMask () (at Assets/AwesomeTechnologies/VegetationStudioPro/Runtime/VegetationMasks/VegetationMaskArea.cs:79)
AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationMask.PositionNodes () (at Assets/AwesomeTechnologies/VegetationStudioPro/Runtime/VegetationMasks/VegetationMask.cs:172)
AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationMask.Update () (at Assets/AwesomeTechnologies/VegetationStudioPro/Runtime/VegetationMasks/VegetationMask.cs:113)

Is it because the maps are off-grid??

5 (edited by paulio 2019-11-28 11:01:31)

Example off-grid map (I can't seem to upload an image)

I found and fixed the problem.
In the next version of RWT, this will work correctly.
If you want to get changed scripts before release, write me an email (support@infinity-code.com) and I will send them to you.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.