Topic: Being able to use AR and online maps together

Can markers be placed around the map and then be found in AR and be located on the map just using the camera of the device?

I have been looking at this entry: https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopic.php?id=1370 - the issues I am having with the AR instructions is that the Elevation Manager mentioned can't be added to the Map game object, I am using google maps.

I understand OnlineMaps isn't meant for this purpose, but it would only need to occasionally be used in the app I am making.

Re: Being able to use AR and online maps together

Hello.

1. You can use any Elevation Manager with any tile provider.
2. What is the difference which provider of tiles you use, if the instruction you mentioned, tells you disable Mesh Renderer (which means that the map will be hidden)?!

So why can't you use Elevation Manager?

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Sorry yes, that makes sense. Thanks.

As I said, I have now followed the instructions in https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopic.php?id=1370, however, once the map is built to a mobile device - you can no longer see any 3D markers when the map's mesh renderer is disabled.

Is there a way to see 3D markers in an AR environment without the map? Thanks!

Are you sure that you disabled the hidden Mesh Renderer component, not map GameObject?!
Disabling the Mesh Renderer only affects the main map mesh, not the markers.
How to disable Mesh Renderer:

using UnityEngine;

public class DisableMeshRenderer: MonoBehaviour
{
    private void Start()
    {
        OnlineMaps.instance.gameObject.GetComponent<MeshRenderer>().enabled = false;
    }
}
Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

So I am actually facing the same challenge, it seems like the markers are rotating with the camera but to be honest it is dificult to tell.

Hi, lilcolombian.

Have you shared your experiences, or is it a support request?

If this is a support request, then it does not contain a question.
And it is too small and indefinite to give any advice.
If this is really a support request, please rephrase it in more detail.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.