Topic: Easy Roads Help

Hello,

first thanks for your great asset, it allready helped me over the yeahrs alot!

i want now to use it with Easy Roads and want to ask, how i can generate crossings.

if i use this coords:
<Coords tlx="8.530197143554688" tly="47.36975695945149" brx="8.535690307617188" bry="47.366734109127115"/>

it only generate the roads on length but no crossings sad

thanks for awnsers!

Re: Easy Roads Help

Hello.

RWT does not generate crossings because EasyRoads3D does not have a suitable API for this.
So in the current version of RWT, you need to create crossings yourself.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thank you for the fast awnser, i write now the dev on the easy roads topic in unity.

Hi Alex,

The main functions in the ERRoad class for this are:

To attach a new crossing to a road

public ERConnection AttachToEnd(ERConnection sourceConnection, int connectionIndex)
public ERConnection AttachToStart(ERConnection sourceConnection, int connectionIndex)

To connect a road to an already existing crossing in the scene

public bool ConnectToEnd(ERConnection connectionObject, int connectionIndex)
public bool ConnectToStart(ERConnection connectionObject, int connectionIndex)

If there is anything there is missing or you think will improve the functionality, please let us know.

Raoul

Hi Raoul.

The problem is that roads in OSM do not always intersect at the first or last point.
It would be nice to be able to make a connection at any point.
Here are some examples.
https://i.ibb.co/FB4tQ9p/img1.png
https://i.ibb.co/GcQmPNY/img2.png
https://i.ibb.co/8PCLHJ3/img3.png

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi Alex,

That can be added in a similar way as how crossings can be inserted at any marker index manually, I will make a note. But what we do is, we find the intersection points where roads intersect, either insert a marker at these points and split the road in two road objects. A crossing can then  be inserted and all road ends can connect.

I’ll think about how to work around this problem.
I have a couple of ideas on how this can be implemented.
Of course, this takes some time for experiments, and will not be fast.
Raoul, if I'll have problems, I will let you know.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thank you both for taking effort in this!
this will help me and another People alot!

maybe i can Provide you later both with nice assets.

Or, since these intersection points are required anyway, finding these points and splitting the osm objects could also be done before creating the roads. That way each road object will start / end at an intersection.

But I will see if an instant insert crossing option on any marker can be added in the update available later this week anyway.

Yes, please let me know if you have questions or requests.