1 (edited by dor.dahan 2019-09-12 08:59:24)

Topic: 3 Questions

After browsing this forum for a while.. I got few questions unanswered:

1) Can two maps be active on the same scene, on the same time?

2) Is there a way to create a horizon while using elevations from Real World Terrain?

3) What is the proper why to change a 3D marker's actual height above the map? (the altitude itself doesn't change nothing..)

Re: 3 Questions

Hello.

1. In the current version - no.
This is written on the first page of the documentation (I mean the first text page, after the table of contents).
Spoiler: in Online Maps v3.6 you can have 2+ active maps at the same time.

2. If you mean, is there such a ready-made script that you can download - then no.
If you mean, is it possible to make such a script - yes, it is quite easy.

3. Marker3d.altitude, marker3d.altitudeType = OnlineMapsAltitudeType.relative.
http://infinity-code.com/doxygen/online … 1b4998fa1e

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by dor.dahan 2019-09-12 11:45:14)

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hello.

1. In the current version - no.
This is written on the first page of the documentation (I mean the first text page, after the table of contents).
Spoiler: in Online Maps v3.6 you can have 2+ active maps at the same time.

2. If you mean, is there such a ready-made script that you can download - then no.
If you mean, is it possible to make such a script - yes, it is quite easy.

3. Marker3d.altitude, marker3d.altitudeType = OnlineMapsAltitudeType.relative.
http://infinity-code.com/doxygen/online … 1b4998fa1e

First of all, thanks for the reply smile
1) Sounds good. Is there a release date for 3.6v already?

2) If it's quite easy then... how? Should I modify the Online Maps scripts themselves or..?

3) Worked. Thanks smile

1. It does not have a fixed release date.
On the one hand, it is already implemented and working.
On the other hand, the removal of the use of singletons in the core was difficult, and it may cause unexpected errors.
So here we need time for testing.

2. You take Horizon2_XXX (where XXX is BingMaps or ArcGIS) script on the forum and replace receiving elevation data from XXX service to receiving elevation data from RWT, for example this way:
https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopic.php?id=810
I think making a cocktail of these scripts will not be difficult.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

1. It does not have a fixed release date.
On the one hand, it is already implemented and working.
On the other hand, the removal of the use of singletons in the core was difficult, and it may cause unexpected errors.
So here we need time for testing.

2. You take Horizon2_XXX (where XXX is BingMaps or ArcGIS) script on the forum and replace receiving elevation data from XXX service to receiving elevation data from RWT, for example this way:
forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopic.php?id=810
I think making a cocktail of these scripts will not be difficult.

I've checked this:
https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopic.php?id=1162

Where you've already talked and seem to solve my issue.
But I have a problem.
I've got the same issue as one of the people in the comments that when i attach the horizon2_bingmaps script it flats both the original and the horizon maps. I've downloaded and used your solution script but it didn't work either (and the person in the forum said it worked for him) so I wonder where the problem is.
Also, I get this error when I zoom into the map so I guess it's related:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Horizon2_BingMaps+<>c__DisplayClass27_0.<StartNextDownload>b__0 (System.String response) (at Assets/Scripts/Horizon2_BingMaps.cs:275)
OnlineMapsTextWebService.OnRequestComplete (OnlineMapsWWW www) (at Assets/Infinity Code/Online maps/Scripts/WebServices/Base/OnlineMapsTextWebService.cs:69)
OnlineMapsWWW.Finish () (at Assets/Infinity Code/Online maps/Scripts/Core/OnlineMapsWWW.cs:342)
OnlineMapsWWW+<WaitResponse>d__55.MoveNext () (at Assets/Infinity Code/Online maps/Scripts/Core/OnlineMapsWWW.cs:481)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Scripting/Coroutines.cs:17)

What kind of problem do you have and what solution did you use?
There were a lot of problems discussed in that thread.

Also, what version of script are you using?
There are a million versions of this script on the forum (I already regret sharing this script), and in my latest version of the script there is nothing that can cause a problem on line 275.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

What kind of problem do you have and what solution did you use?
There were a lot of problems discussed in that thread.

Also, what version of script are you using?
There are a million versions of this script on the forum (I already regret sharing this script), and in my latest version of the script there is nothing that can cause a problem on line 275.

hahaha sorry for the trouble. Indeed there are a million versions of it in there..
My issue occurs both when I use the Bing and the ArcGIS scripts, and for each there is a different problem.
(I'm using ArcGIS as the map's main Provider and Bing as the Elevations source, so I don't which script I should use..)

I will give more details on the problem itself in the next comment since I can't attach more than 1 file nor give more than 1 link..

The problems are:
For Bing's script - same as here: https://forum.infinity-code.com/misc.ph … mp;preview

*I've attached the script that i'm using*

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Horizon2_BingMaps.cs 20.78 kb, 97 downloads since 2019-09-15 

The problems are:
For Arc's script - same as here: https://forum.infinity-code.com/misc.ph … mp;preview

*I've attached the script that i'm using*

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Horizon2_ArcGIS.cs 22.62 kb, 85 downloads since 2019-09-15 

I have attached the latest scripts here (so as no more produce different versions of scripts on the forum, I will post updates in that thread):
https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtop … 3493#p3493
Try using this.

The problem with horizon overlap can be solved using a shader.
You can find the shader in the same thread (link above).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

I have attached the latest scripts here (so as no more produce different versions of scripts on the forum, I will post updates in that thread):
https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtop … 3493#p3493
Try using this.

The problem with horizon overlap can be solved using a shader.
You can find the shader in the same thread (link above).

Great. I will check that out right now.
Anyways, should I use the "Horizon2_ArcGIS.cs" or the "Horizon2_BingMaps.cs"? (I'm using Bing as my elevations provider and ArcGIS as the map's provider)

You can use any tile provider + any elevation manager.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

When i run any of the four scripts i get this error instantly:
"Assets\Scripts\Horizon2_BingMaps.cs(385,53): error CS1061: 'OnlineMaps' does not contain a definition for 'tileManager' and no accessible extension method 'tileManager' accepting a first argument of type 'OnlineMaps' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

Oops... I have already made changes to these scripts for Online Maps v3.6 (not yet published).
I updated the scripts in the thread for Online Maps v3.5 or earlier.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

I see.
So.. in the mean while, what should I do? since I what to show a map both with elevations and an horizon?

You should download these scripts again and use Online Maps ArcGIS Elevation Manager + Horizon 2 ArcGIS or Online Maps Bing Maps Elevation Manager + Horizon 2 Bing Maps.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.