Topic: Just bought uPano - 2 questions about VR Tour

Hello everyone, just got myself the asset as i want to create VR Tours.

I am on Unity 2019.2.0f1. I followed the tutorial step by step and at  the Show Tooltip section the TextMesh Tooltip doesn't exist.

I'm typing Text as shown on the tutorial but nothing comes up. I don't know if this is crucial for making and connecting 2 or more panoramas together. I am quite a beginner.

The second question is how do i connect 2 panoramas together?

After i created everything for Panorama 1 as per the tutorial, I duplicated the whole section renamed it to Panorama 2, applied the second panorama, and played with almost everything i could think of in the Hot Spot section putting Panorama 1 and 2 respectively where i think they should be, but nothing happened.

Obviously, I don't know what to do to get the Arrow, when clicked, to get me to the assigned Panorama.

The asset is easy to work with but still a tutorial about a real VR Tour is absolutely necessary, because the Google VR tutorial is absolutely not helpful at all.

Re: Just bought uPano - 2 questions about VR Tour

Hello.

Theoretically, I can answer your questions, make any required tutorial or video, how to create tours in uPano v1.
But next week we will release uPano v2, in which the creation of tours will be simplified as much as possible. And this tutorial will immediately become obsolete.
A short video about uPano v2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gya3991as0tqp … 2.mp4?dl=0
If you want, write me an e-mail (support@infinity-code.com) with your invoice number, and I will send you a link to uPano v2 beta.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by AlexRoudos 2019-09-05 13:31:29)

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hello.

Theoretically, I can answer your questions, make any required tutorial or video, how to create tours in uPano v1.
But next week we will release uPano v2, in which the creation of tours will be simplified as much as possible. And this tutorial will immediately become obsolete.
A short video about uPano v2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gya3991as0tqp … 2.mp4?dl=0
If you want, write me an e-mail (support@infinity-code.com) with your invoice number, and I will send you a link to uPano v2 beta.

Hello, I emailed you as you said today in the morning.

A couple of hours ago, I already answered your e-mail, and attached a link to uPano v2, so check the mail.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

5 (edited by AlexRoudos 2019-09-06 16:57:18)

Alex Vertax wrote:

A couple of hours ago, I already answered your e-mail, and attached a link to uPano v2, so check the mail.

Hello Alex. I have received and tried v2 already. It is absolutely great and super easy to use. Very well done!!!

As I have said I am in Unity 2019.2.0f1

After trying to built an apk with GVR without success due to errors, i decided to check it out with just 3 panoramas and no GVR. Still Unity will not make the build giving me the errors in the attached screenshot.

Any help?

Thank you,
Alex.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screenshot_1.png 144.56 kb, 85 downloads since 2019-09-06 

I have sent you an update by e-mail.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

7 (edited by AlexRoudos 2019-09-06 21:25:24)

Hi Alex and thank you for the immediate reply and email.

The new package works like a charm in the non VR version.

No errors, all good.

In the GVR version there a few things though.

When in Play mode i noticed that the reticle is disappearing in certain areas.

Also, depending where i place the hotspot, the next panorama will open in the exact same angle and position where the hotspot is. How can i fix this?

When i built the GVR version it took really long time when it reached the "Building Gradle..." in the end, only with 2 panoramas.

The apk run but the reticle was absent so i couldn't go to the other panorama.

Also the bottom logo is distorted, but in the non VR version it is perfect.

Mind that I didn't touch anything at all in the GVR package.

I got a message and several warnings in the GVR version.

I have attached 2 screenshots, one with the warnings and one from the apk running where you can see the distorted logo and the absence of the reticle.

If you have time, i would appreciate it a lot if you could tell me how i can add and use different icons for the arrow for example. I tried importing an arrow i found in the same folder where the default arrow is, but couldn't select it.

Another thing i would like to know is how can i create a hotspot and use it for showing text.

And finally, if there's a very fast and easy way to replace the click-to go to the next image with a timed input gaze.

I know that you are very busy and i'm asking a lot already. I just hope that you may be able to help.

Thank you again,
Alex.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screenshot_1.png 187.67 kb, 95 downloads since 2019-09-07 

And the second screenshot

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 69906725_354304758808612_8973400744044527616_n.png 1.76 mb, 102 downloads since 2019-09-07 

1. This is because for GVR rotating main camera.
To work around this problem, use the SetTransformRotation action (attached).
How to use this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gpgwmenb105a … 6.mp4?dl=0

2. Unfortunately, I can not affect the build speed of the project on your side.
On my laptop, a build takes less than a minute.

3. To fix the logo, try disabling mipmap for panoramas textures.

4. These are warnings of Google VR SDK, not uPano.
GVR SDK is very unstable, and the latest version does not work on my side at all.

5. How to change the “icons” (actually these are prefabs):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/adsqcct5lzuwh … 7.mp4?dl=0

6. How to show tooltip for GVR:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipw82ah87w7wp … 8.mp4?dl=0
Updated ShowTextMeshTooltip attached.
Replace this file in your project.

And finally, if there's a very fast and easy way to replace the click-to go to the next image with a timed input gaze.

Unfortunately, I did not understand this question.
Please rephrase this.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon SetTransformRotation.cs 2.13 kb, 147 downloads since 2019-09-07 

Attachment icon ShowTextMeshTooltip.cs 2.96 kb, 130 downloads since 2019-09-07 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thank you Alex for taking the time to answer to all my questions. I really appreciate it.

I'll do everything you say. For the history, i use GVR 1.2

Where do i disable the mipmap? I have no idea where that is.

The time gaze is like the autoclick. Most mobile headsets don't have the magnetic switch.

So, what i mean is when the reticle is on the hotspot, after a specific time interval 2 to 3 seconds for example, when this time elapses to go to the next panorama.

What this asset does https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/t … levr-77469

My guess is it's not difficult to add the code needed, i just didn't find it in a way that i could understand how to implement it.

Thank you very much once again,
Alex.

How to disable mipmaps:
Select a texture in Project window.
Inspector / Advanced / Generate Mip Maps - OFF.
Apply

I will try to implement gaze.
It will take some time.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thank you again Alex for all your help.

Now that I have all the info I'll get into it and report back.

If you implement the timed gaze feature, uPano will be absolutely complete and the best asset for creating VR Tours the easiest way.

Considering the usefulness that VR brings especially with VR Tours in the real estate sector and for promoting / advertising commercial businesses, implementing this feature to cover any and every mobile headset in the market, would be the best move.

Judging by your skills, as much as i can of course, I believe that you'll manage to do it quite easily.

Timed gaze feature has been successfully implemented and will be presents in uPano v2.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

That's great news Alex.

You are simply amazing! Congratulations!

Could you send me again the new updated package maybe?

I sent you a new version.
Tours now have presets for Google VR.
Select uPano Tour / Tour (Script) / Preset - Google VR.
This automatically removes keyboard and mouse controls, adds Timed Gaze, and makes the necessary tweaks for panoramas.

For Transitions to work correctly, move World Canvas GameObject to the top of the hierarchy.
For some reason, automatically setting GameObject index does not work in edit mode.
Perhaps this is a bug in Unity Editor.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hi Alex,

I didn't have much time to go through the updated version until today.

I followed everything in the video on how to reset the next panorama setting the Y to 90.

What I found out is that this affects the next panorama only partially as it still gets data from the position the hotspot is.

If everything is set to 0 for example, the next panorama opens in the coordinates where the hotspot is.

When i set the Y to 90, only the Y axis is affected.

I had to play for some time with different values in the 3 axis until i found the correct ones, and then put them in the SetTransformRotation component.

It opened correctly, but when moving around, the panorama was rotating in all axis, making it unusable.

Connecting the second panorama to the first one, had to be done following the same procedure, having the same rotating effect again.

Also, in the second panorama the place i positioned the hotspot is in a totally different place when i get inside the panorama in Play mode.

You need to use only Y axis.

Positioning objects when the panorama is rotated fixed.
The new version will be available in 24 hours.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thank you for the reply Alex.

I did exactly that, using only the Y axis and still the panorama wasn't centered. This happened only when I placed the hotspot in the center of the panorama. But for presenting houses or anything the arrow must be almost in the floor.

Can't wait for the new version.

Thank you,
Alex

Hi Alex,

I used the new updated version and the problem still remains.

If the hotspot isn't on the exact center of the panorama, it never opens centered.

I made a short video to show you exactly what happens.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsrbgs199t0sqyb/demo.mp4?dl=0

Thank you,
Alex

Sorry for the delay in answering.

What happens in your video:
1. When you click on Hot Spot of the first panorama, you set the rotation of the second panorama to 90, and it opens rotated.
2. When you click on Hot Spot of the second panorama, you set the rotation of the first panorama to 90, and both panoramas have the same direction.
3. With any next click, both panoramas keep the same direction.

You have two ways:
1. Set Transform Rotation \ To Is Delta - ON.
In this case, each click will rotate the panorama 90 degrees more.
2. Set Transform Rotation \ Target - uPano Tour (GameObject).
All panoramas will rotate together, and you can adjust the correct values to open the next panorama.

EDIT: The second way will not work because the rotation will happen too early, before the fade.
So I added the ability to have a delay before the animation.
The modified file is attached.
https://i.ibb.co/K7zzgZW/img1.png

Post's attachments

Attachment icon AnimatedAction.cs 2.72 kb, 120 downloads since 2019-10-07 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hi Alex and thanks for the help once again.

I tried the Delta On option. Nothing changed. The panoramas still open as in the video i sent you.

The second option i couldn't try because i don't know where to add the AnimatedAction script.

I tried adding it in the main uPano Tour, in Item 0 and 1 and in the Events in each Item, but the Delay option never showed.

Also if you notice in the video i sent you, the second panorama the first open almost centered. But when i go back to the first panorama and back to the second it opens again (and every time after that) in a different direction, which is the same as it was from the beginning i started using the uPano asset.

AnimatedAction is located in:
Assets \ Plugins \ Infinity Code \ uPano \ Scripts \ Actions
Replace the script, and use the settings as in the screenshot above (To Rotation should contain your own values).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hi Alex,

I replaced the script. Still no success.

No matter what i do the same.

Even when i found the values for X and Y to open the second panorama centered, after going back to the first and to the second again, it opens in a different position. And every time, i come back to the second, it always opens in a different position from the last time i opened it.

I made a short video for you:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ts6dslv30qilc … 1.mp4?dl=0
Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.